• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

mounting gauges in a 87 740

RyanHackett

Sorry if this isnt the right section if it isnt please move.

What are you guys doing for mounting gauges in your 740's? Id like to stay away from the a-pillar pods and was looking for some creative ideas. I have 3 52mm VDO gauges boost, oil temp and oil pressure.

Thanks,

You could give up your far-left dashboard vent by the door, and install one of the oil gauges there instead.

You could get rid of the analog clock and mount the other oil gauge in place of it. (Who needs a clock there anyway?!?)

You could return the VDO boost pressure gauge to the store, and buy Dave Barton's calibrated boost gauge face, so you can have a calibrated gauge in the stock location. I have one of Dave's first run of gauge faces. Very nice, although the black paint is cracking a bit now from the heat of the light bulb. His new faces are different from mine, so hopefully he fixed that issue.

I'm planning on fitting all my gauges in my centre section below my radio.

I've thought about that but isn't it kind of a stretch to look from the road all the way down there and have to focus on the gauges needles? Just seems like a safety hazard. Then again turbo bricks is a safety hazard:lol:

I've thought about that but isn't it kind of a stretch to look from the road all the way down there and have to focus on the gauges needles? Just seems like a safety hazard. Then again turbo bricks is a safety hazard:lol:

Wait a second. Safety on turbobricks?
You're concerned about safety?!?!?
Our cars are held together with zipties and jb weld.
:rofl:

I did the same thing as Otis. I got a cheap 240 dash-mount housing, and trimmed it up until i could fit it in place of my left dash vent. Looks good, and not "ricey" like a 3+ mount on the A-pillar.

Don't need to look at it any more often then looking down at the speedo or the radio.

Posted via Mobile Device

Back