• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mini M3

Chigga 744SE

Taiwan hillbilly
thx to Koen Van Brusselen

who provided the pix and the pix of Volvo S60.

this Mini races in the same category as the S60( I think), like the category rules said, u can place engine anywhere in the car as long its same as manufactore (if u dunno, BMW owns Mini). Its a 3.0L M3 engine, dyno'd 340whp.

enjoy

132073_96_full.jpg

132073_97_full.jpg

132073_98_full.jpg

132073_99_full.jpg

132073_100_full.jpg

132073_101_full.jpg

Ok, so they have a well proven, high horsepower motor in a well proven extremely good handling chassis....

A: Where can i get one
B: I do not want to race against one
C: I want one
D: I really, really do not want to go against that kind of machine

kinda old, but cool. the car was built by Team Qvick for the Belcar Belgian GT Championship. Using a loophole in the rules which allows engines from any car made by the manufacturer to be used, they stuffed in a euro S50 B30 from the 1992-95 e36 m3 under the bonnet. they had some suspension problems the first time out, but rest assured, that thing was FAST.

pr-pic-inthepack.jpg

pr-pic-abovepit.jpg

pr-pic-front.jpg

pr-pic-rear.jpg

pr-pic-engine.jpg

brickman said:
kinda old, but cool. the car was built by Team Qvick for the Belcar Belgian GT Championship. Using a loophole in the rules which allows engines from any car made by the manufacturer to be used, they stuffed in a euro S50 B30 from the 1992-95 e36 m3 under the bonnet. they had some suspension problems the first time out, but rest assured, that thing was FAST.
Sorta like the M3 GTR, tweaked M5 v8 in a lightened m3 chassis, kicked ass and took names, and ticked people off so much that they didn't let it back.

brickman said:

Sorta like the M3 GTR, tweaked M5 v8 in a lightened m3 chassis, kicked ass and took names, and ticked people off so much that they didn't let it back.

Holy Friggin Cow!

I'll be happy as long as it's in the next iteration of GranTurismo...the closest I'll come to driving most of those cars.

700mopareater said:
Ok, so they have a well proven, high horsepower motor in a well proven extremely good handling chassis....

A: Where can i get one
B: I do not want to race against one
C: I want one
D: I really, really do not want to go against that kind of machine

A: I want to Drive it
B: I want to Drive IT
C: I WANT TO DRIVE IT!!!

Doug

[quote:05fe23d1cb]Aren't those mopar motors (I do belive Chrylser builds them) they should have shoved a new Hemi in it![/quote:05fe23d1cb]

:? :barf:

Oh, i'm not sure, actually. I figured since it was BMW they would go off on their own w/ it, and i also figure that DaimlerChrysler wouldn't really want to be helping their major competition.

If it's true... Hell i still want it, i may have to eat myself but I STILL WANT IT :eek: :hitit:

Yes, the stock engine used by the Mini is a DaimlerChysler product.

-Drew
'89 245DL
'91 325iX

Back