• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Dodge is the 4Bar FPR from?

deadken

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a 4bar fuel pressure regulator for my 92' 940T. From what I remember, there is a 4bar that came from a Dodge turbo car that fit without any / minimal modification. I thought that I had saved that information but, of course, when I need it I can't find it.

Can someone please give me the year, make, and model if they have the information?

FWIW: I have search the 'how to +T your car' sticky for at least 3 pages and can't find it there or with other forum searches.

Thanks!

BTW: My FPR was leaking, so I swapped it over with a spare I had lying around. I figure that there is no sense in buying a stock 3bar, when I can get a 4bar for probably the same price and have one less thing I need to get for when I am ready to add a manual boost controller.

is there some reason you want to put an increased strain on your probably 26 year old fuel system to possibly get a minimal amount of additional fuel?

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=5385

"4 bar FPR found on older turbo I turbo dodges w/ the newer style intake manifold (that draw throw but blow through like ours). bosch part # 280 160 260. mopar # 4306015 437. these bolt right into the volvo rail and will need a 1/4 fuel line to go from the return line on the FPR to the tank. this is a little smaller than the stock return line. this is a 4 bar FPR ... takes fuel pressure up to 55psi."

:cool:

Mod list bro.

An engine needs the correct amount of fuel. Not more, definitely not less.

A wideband will help monitor air fuel ratio while a higher fuel pressure regulator will just allow more fuel flow thru the injectors making the engine run rich, especially at WOT (open loop). Un-burn fuel will get into the oil and eventually wipe out the engine bearings.

Running more fuel than needed = BAD.

Back