• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Intake air temp sensor

bigreddog

On Factory rubber intake hose that goes from the turbo inlet to the airbox the PCV system comes into that hose. That sensor where it terminates into the hose is only to tell the computer the volume of air that's coming through the PCV after the mass air flow? It's not an intake air temperature sensor is it? I thought intake air temperature sensor was built into the mass air flow?

Really a heating element! I would have thought that would have been calculating Air volume. The reason I say that is because if you have a leak on that side of the mass airflow sensor you get crazy running conditions because of the improper measurement. So as air is drawn across it cools similar to the way a mass airflow works?

Really a heating element! I would have thought that would have been calculating Air volume. The reason I say that is because if you have a leak on that side of the mass airflow sensor you get crazy running conditions because of the improper measurement. So as air is drawn across it cools similar to the way a mass airflow works?

It's part of the pcv system, the heater keeps it from freezing up when it's cold outside

Back