• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Mask for fuel fumes

dl242gt

The world of the smiling Dogo
What type of mask do you buy to filter out gas fumes? Eventually I want to service the intank pump on my 245 and I don't want to breathe that crap anymore. Would like to know what type of filter mask you use for that? Is it something I can get at Lowes or Home Depot?

A 3M mask OSHA approved for vapors with replaceable cartridges. Maybe $30 bucks???

^^ :nod:

Can confirm that 3M masks are very good, as most 3M products. Have used them lots of times.

I have seen that type. Will look at Lowes or Home Depot some more. Something that would be good for car paint probably works for the gas fumes as well. Thank you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tI1diD4joz4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clean shaven? LOL not for the last 25 years. I know what you mean though for the best seal to the face. I use the particulate masks when mowing the lawn and they work well. Any amount of filtering for a reasonable investment will help greatly.
Thank you so much everyone!

Clean shaven? LOL not for the last 25 years. I know what you mean though for the best seal to the face. I use the particulate masks when mowing the lawn and they work well. Any amount of filtering for a reasonable investment will help greatly.
Thank you so much everyone!
Don't waste your money on a mask if you're not going to shave

Not $14.99 but close to it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-07192-D...=item23ae3c612f:g:ogwAAOSw4PxaMraQ:rk:13:pf:0

s-l225.jpg

Don't waste your money on a mask if you're not going to shave

Thats not true imo.

You might not get a 100% filtered efficiency but hes not working with Sarin gas here... Having a mask even if you aren't clean shaven will cut down on a large percentage of inhaled fumes.

Thats not true imo.

You might not get a 100% filtered efficiency but hes not working with Sarin gas here... Having a mask even if you aren't clean shaven will cut down on a large percentage of inhaled fumes.
Mmmkay, if you say so, date of your last respirator fit test? Mine was June 6th. Don Johnson 5 o'clock Shadow you might get some benefit, anything longer and air takes the past of least resistance, bypassing the filters. I would tend to agree more for dust as well since there might be a little filtering action from your hair but fumes are harder to catch.

Mmmkay, if you say so, date of your last respirator fit test? Mine was June 6th. Don Johnson 5 o'clock Shadow you might get some benefit, anything longer and air takes the past of least resistance, bypassing the filters. I would tend to agree more for dust as well since there might be a little filtering action from your hair but fumes are harder to catch.

Full helmet respirators dont suffer the same way.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/463742O/facial-hair-and-respirators.pdf

Just need the loose fitting style.

A papr is not tb cheap, I thought we were talking home Depot/Lowes, the 2 cartridge paint respirator would do a good job on a properly shaved face or he could let his wife/girlfriend do the work, unless she's Italian of course.

He's taking out the in tank pump. How much exposure do you think he will have. I'm sure most on here have done this job without any type of mask. Just work outdoors or at least have the garage door open and a fan blowing the air away from you.

Back