• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SquareD's slow and steady 945 tarbo project

DSC07632_zps9e0ad13f.jpg

GASP! Your Volvo is haunted!

Yeah, 412 Metallic Blue Green with that medium grey leather.

Looks GOOD. :cool:

"412" Verdigris/Tropic Green metallic is my g/f's favorite Volvo color - and happens to be the color of her 945. It had the inevitable baby poop tan until I found a dark gray interior in a late 960 to replace it with.

Thanks. I'm not a fan of dark colors at all, but it's growing on me. It's an interesting color, on a cloudy day it looks pretty dark, but it really brightens up when it's under full sun. The interior is in pretty good shape, some scratches and cracking, but only one small rip. I've been conditioning and lexol'ing the crap out of it to slow its eventual decline.

Looking good!

OGT????

Thanks Jordan. LOL, Old Grandpa Tune. I forgot exactly what was entailed with an OGT. I think I have a small vac leak, other than that it rolls out decently. I have no idea how much boost I'm running. Not enough to ping on premium...:lol:

Nooooooo. :lol:

I seriously need to resist mission creep with this car. It's a DD and that's what it needs to excel at.

35898907082_43d229fec2_c.jpg

Bored, waiting for my daughter to wake up; so I'll post another couple pictures of the car. Dat shine.

Last edited:
Looks good!

I love the ride height. It must be nice to not always be worrying about your suspension/clearance. The S70 wheels are a classy touch, too!

Thanks. I like the ride height too, though I wish the TME springs were a little stiffer. And of course I've had to "shim" the right rear to level it out. Stupid 7/9 lean.

Took it for a drive through the city yesterday. Over the weekend I had a 70+ year old white woman, a ~20 year old black guy and a ~50 year old black guy give me compliments on it. LOL Here are a couple more from my drive yesterday.

36068709285_d30e1a362c_c.jpg

36068709165_ab84513e1b_z.jpg

Last edited:
It sparkles. It's those little things that take it from a clean used car to one that attracts compliments and really catches the eye. Very, very nice. The headlights look great.

It sparkles. It's those little things that take it from a clean used car to one that attracts compliments and really catches the eye. Very, very nice. The headlights look great.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. It was in good mechanical shape when I got it and just needed some work aesthetically. I'm happy with how it's shaping up, it drives and looks great now. This car is a rare find in the Midwest.

Update, because I can. The waggy is no longer my DD. Since selling the 740, the 945 has been slotted into the fun/project car role and is now comfortably sitting in my garage. It's a clean enough example of an ever dwindling population of 9 series turbowagons, that I didn't want to subject it to my 70 mile commute and winter weather.

36068718825_a3ee3153db_c.jpg

So that left me scrambling for a new DD. After being dissapointed at the Accord/Civic/Camry/ES300/etc... offerings out there in my price range I settled on a 2002 SR5 2wd 4Runner. Not exactly what I was looking for when I started my search, but it's a one owner, was pretty darn clean and only had 91k miles on it. So far I enjoy it, it's like driving a lifted 240 wagon.

Last edited:
3rd gen 4Runner fist bump!

Dap it, bro.

That picture just gave me a seizure, THERE'S SO MUCH DIRT ON YOUR TRUCK!!! Mine's cleaner. :lol:

Mall crawlin' 4 lyfe. I actually want to get a "flexin'" picture for Stephen/Manbeard. You know, with one tire up on a curb or something. lol

Back