• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ceramic piston top coating.

A few guys I knew ran them in lightly boosted SR and VG motors. Lowers temps slightly and keeps the heat off the crown. These were strictly road race cars though. I believe that it cannot handle high boost. I do know the top companies are Swain Tech and CP Carrillo. I'd have the skirts coated before I would do any fancy top coatings on a DD street car. Unless you're going to run 9k rpm all over town?

Mostly looking to keep the crown temperatures down.
If that's all you want, go with Swain Tech. You'd probably be out the door for around $200 for four pistons with coated skirts before shipping. I'm not sure if they do gold domes anymore. Those were pretty.

If that's all you want, go with Swain Tech. You'd probably be out the door for around $200 for four pistons with coated skirts before shipping. I'm not sure if they do gold domes anymore. Those were pretty.

Swain and cerakote both get good reviews.

Down from what?
Gonna hop the motor way wicked?
Gonna up the comp to 11.3?

Why worry?

The CVH has a rep for burning oil to sludge.
In any case the questions is not why I want it down, it?s whether the coatings are reliable and work to do that.
Bonus question, anyone here ever apply them them selves?

My S70 has ceramic coated Wiseco pistons in it and I've had zero issues out of them. I haven't had the head off since the build, but it's been 100k+ miles.

In any case the questions is not why I want it down, it?s whether the coatings are reliable and work to do that.

Huh? Oil is outside the cylinder..Crown is inside the cylinder..Coolant jackets full of coolant..Sludge? Where? In the head?

How many miles did that thing go? (with bone stock un-coated pistons)

Hain't understanding..as usual.

Why apply yourself when you can have a workmanship warranty? You screw up a piston, that's on you. Company screws up a piston that's on them.

Huh? Oil is outside the cylinder..Crown is inside the cylinder..Coolant jackets full of coolant..Sludge? Where? In the head?

How many miles did that thing go? (with bone stock un-coated pistons)

Hain't understanding..as usual.

80k before the skirts and underside sludged.
Frozen rings and dropped valve seats.

Known issue.

Why apply yourself when you can have a workmanship warranty? You screw up a piston, that's on you. Company screws up a piston that's on them.

Because I LIKE doing things myself.
That?s enough of a reason even if the 500 dollars I don?t feel like spending isn?t.

I did the piston tops and the combustion. chamber in my big chevy. Why? Because heat that doesn't escape into the oil or coolant gets turned into powa! That and it looks bad ass I also did the moly coating on the skirts, as far as at home application meh I think it's like the nickysyl that yamaha and ford uses on aluminum engines, plasma arc sprayed I also had my rear end gears and four speed gears mikronited and now they look like chrome.why? to reduce friction.as far as long-term not sure but I plan on ass loads of nitrous,and this all for sure makes up for my small penis

Back