• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 240 Gas pump clicking off

TempleUWS6

Had this problem with my ?90 245 when at the pump I?d set the nozzle to hold and it would click back off rather quickly and I?d have to hold the lever lightly to get it to fill. Hasn?t been much of a problem lately, but my buddy?s ?89 245 is experiencing it pretty sevearly. You can also smell fumes around the rear when he parks. EVAP canister issues? I?m going to look over diagrams, but what do you guys think I should check out first?

Hissing noise when you open gas cap is a classic sign of plugged evap can. The reality is some pumps dont like 240s. If you pull the nozzle out just a bit, like 1/2 inch you can go full blast. Unfortunately hold functions are illegal on our gas pumps....

Yeah, I’ve come to think on at least mine, most pumps fill too fast for the filler neck and it back splashes and clicks off the nozzel. I’m going to check out my friends 245 tomorrow, I’ll see if any of the evap hoses are clogged and check for any general fuel leaks, I replaced both pumps and all his fuel lines but the return a few weeks ago.

Back