• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking to make your car turbocharged? READ FIRST

Alright, I have a 1992 Volvo 740 that I'm looking to +T here in a few weeks.

Just to hammer it in, these are the parts that I need to get the car running, correct?

• Turbo (duh)
  • Intercooler
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Downpipe
  • high impedance injectors or greentops + ballast resistor pack
  • Intercooler piping
  • Downpipe
  • ignition/fuel ecu
  • oil lines

Does that seem right? that's my "junk yard shopping list"

Thanks!

Alright, I have a 1992 Volvo 740 that I'm looking to +T here in a few weeks.

Just to hammer it in, these are the parts that I need to get the car running, correct?

• Turbo (duh)
  • Intercooler
  • Exhaust Manifold
  • Downpipe
  • high impedance injectors or greentops + ballast resistor pack
  • Intercooler piping
  • Downpipe
  • ignition/fuel ecu
  • oil lines

Does that seem right? that's my "junk yard shopping list"

Thanks!

How is the conversion going?

Here's a newwb question for the long timers.. asking here because its not worth starting a new thread.

Is a 15G too much turbo for a B21F +T? I see a lot of talk about guys upgrading their 13C on their factory turbo cars, but I'm wondering if the '79 B21F (9.3:1 CR?) engine will handle it ok?

it's fine. a 15g is not a big turbo, it's not a whole lot bigger than a 13c despite what you may read on the forums here.

Hey guys. Another bunch of F+T questions. Long story short I?ve been in the market for a RWD Volvo for like 10 years but I kept running out of patience and bought something else every time (multiple chevy/ford body on frame sedans from 1990s). It?s next to impossible to find a decent turbo 240/740 where I live (I don't like 940s for some reason).

So this time I ended up buying a decent 91 MY 245 with a B230F (should be LH 2.4) and M47 which I?m planning to turbo. Been reading these forums for years, I?ve lost count on how many threads I?ve read, still got some questions :(

First of all I'm no racing enthusiast and I'm only doing this for the sake of having a Turbo 240 which I wanted badly many years (you pretty much can't get a stock 240 turbo here). And some extra torque for city cruising. So it's 5-7 PSI max.

First things first, used parts availability from early 90s 740T is scarce, there?s no junkyards, eBay access is currently limited due to obvious reasons. The only used parts group available for purchase locally is some late model 940 stuff (mostly 95+ which might not work for my purposes) and plenty of FWD Volvo parts from late 90s and early 00s.

1. Got my hands on a free 0 280 000 938 ECU. I believe it's off of a B230GK engine which is a 940 1995+ low pressure turbo with no o2 sensor AFAIK. Will it work? I can't find it in the list of known 2.4 ECUs. Also, do I need to replace my NA wiring harness? NA MAF? Or it's just plug and play with a proper ECU?

2. The only turbo option that looks obtainable at this point is a 15G off of some later FWD Volvos. Will it work for a low boost setup? I?d rather get a 13C because it sounds basic enough for my goals but for some reason no one seems to be selling it around my parts. Also 13C is supposed to be cheaper, the only 15G around these parts go for at least $150 used atm. Not exactly jy prices.

3. Is it acceptable to get some aftermarket intercooler? I can get a used 740 unit but all these hoses and brackets ? it's either unobtanium or $50 equivalent per a single piece of stock piping. Might be better off with some generic unit, not sure yet.

4. Got a 531 head with a VX3 cam, no idea about the condition yet, bought it cheap years ago. Should I bother inspecting/installing it and will in benefit my planned setup in any way?

Back