• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Got the tune pretty dialed in it idles solid at 750rpm now and got it to about 16inches of vacuum. Pulled some fuel and added some timing. Backed off the timing up top due to the pump gas and compression in it. Accidentally hit 20psi on the highway which was awesome.

Yea in retrospect I probably should have gone with the smaller cam. But it's done now and I'm not swapping the cam again. I've got the fuel side dialed in really well, freeway cruising is at like 34degrees of advance and sits at around 15.5:1 which is where I was getting the best milage with the ls1 cam.

Yea in retrospect I probably should have gone with the smaller cam. But it's done now and I'm not swapping the cam again. I've got the fuel side dialed in really well, freeway cruising is at like 34degrees of advance and sits at around 15.5:1 which is where I was getting the best milage with the ls1 cam.

I bet it sounds amazing.

I have the sloppy stage 1 and do love it though. I'm on the baby 4.8 motor though, I wanted as quick of spool as possible. I went with a small cam(212/218) and a small crossover(1 7/8").

During cruise as well it's best to tune for maximum vacuum. It'll help with mileage too even though you may end up a little richer overall.

I bet it sounds amazing.

I have the sloppy stage 1 and do love it though. I'm on the baby 4.8 motor though, I wanted as quick of spool as possible. I went with a small cam(212/218) and a small crossover(1 7/8").

During cruise as well it's best to tune for maximum vacuum. It'll help with mileage too even though you may end up a little richer overall.

It's honestly no louder then the ls1 cam at idle, you hear a little chop but not much at all. When the wastegate opens at wot, it is alot louder. Also the valve train is a tad louder now

Got the boost dialed to 15-16psi. It's absolutely hilarious. I feel confident at this point it will do 10s on pump. The cam and springs are so good in this car right now. I really need to dyno it and see what it makes on pump. I'm running very low timing and it's still a total animal.

My goal is to run out of gear in the 1/4 so that means I need to trap 142mph

Sounds exciting! I've done 140 in my E36 Lemons car...not in a race but on the front straight at Willow Springs' big track. It felt utterly fine. I'm not sure how a 240 will behave at those speeds though. Any thoughts about aero and stability?

Sounds exciting! I've done 140 in my E36 Lemons car...not in a race but on the front straight at Willow Springs' big track. It felt utterly fine. I'm not sure how a 240 will behave at those speeds though. Any thoughts about aero and stability?

Yea I've done 130 in it a few times on the back roads and suprisingly it's actually very stable. I'm going to put a splash pan back on it. It feels like there is alot of turbulance in the front of the car but other then that it feels very very solid and controllable

Well damn, I didn't realize this many folks were hitting 130+ in their 240s. Good to know! I guess I don't pay much attention to drag racing trap speeds.

The belly pan should help reduce underbody drag a bit.

My car would get a little light in the rear end at 120 or so on the back straight of PIR, FWIW...

Smoothing out the bottom after the rear axle would do wonders.

This is 3rd gear 6500rpm limter 25.5" tire 3.73 gears, wastegate pressure. Should be 130mph at top of third. I was shocked at how stable it was. 100% factory suspension.
<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="960" height="540" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/7037547431_mzbJKL5?width=960&height=540&albumId=145943700&albumKey=LpLKGM"></iframe>

Back