• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Upgrading the intercooler

That Iveco intercooler looks pretty intense. I'm afraid we might have a harder time finding them here in the states, unfortunately (since I've never heard of an Iveco truck until now).

My next question is how important is it to have the drop-in ic? Since I'm not really a mechanic, I'd rather go with something that will fit right in, but obviously there are ics of all different shapes and sizes. So...what's up with that?

Does anyone know if a NPR will work using a B21ft hot side pipe, and B230FT cold side pipe? I don't think I could stand looking at a bunch of couplers and clamps on my engine.

That Iveco intercooler looks pretty intense. I'm afraid we might have a harder time finding them here in the states, unfortunately (since I've never heard of an Iveco truck until now).

My next question is how important is it to have the drop-in ic? Since I'm not really a mechanic, I'd rather go with something that will fit right in, but obviously there are ics of all different shapes and sizes. So...what's up with that?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IVECO-75E15-I...yZ108854QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IC/chip?

hey guys, not that i can afford either at the moment as i am completely broke but what would you guys think is the best upgrade out of an NPR or fredschips. You can see my current mods by looking in the sig.

I cannot imagine that any IC upgrade would ever do what a fredchip does in terms of sheer seat-of-the-pants oomph.:badboy: . There are a lot of guys who are putting Volvo IC's into their Asian cars, because they are huge and cheap. Any time I've opened my hood for a Honda owner, they go :omg: at the size of my IC, so....I vote fredchip.

but there are like 10 uk tbrickers

True, true...however, can you imagine shipping something that big across the pond? Of course, if the auction closes at 10 pounds sterling, it would be worth it (aside from fixing the weld). I'm willing, of course... Has anyone had any experience getting parts from the UK?

I cannot imagine that any IC upgrade would ever do what a fredchip does in terms of sheer seat-of-the-pants oomph.:badboy: . There are a lot of guys who are putting Volvo IC's into their Asian cars, because they are huge and cheap. Any time I've opened my hood for a Honda owner, they go :omg: at the size of my IC, so....I vote fredchip.

on a stock car i'd go with the IC over the chips

as the chips do not lower IAT's ... nor make the turbo spool that much faster and pull harder down low and up top on the first drive

what thelostartof said. My only complaint is that the hoses keeping popping off my new IC, but then again i'm also waiting on my welder for xmas so i can pop a bead around the outside of the pipe to hold it on.

intercooler

As thelostartof wrote. The upgraded intercooler does a fine job of lowering intake temps even more than the stock intercooler. I installed mine before I put my cam in. It made a noticeable difference. It improved throttle response slightly and took away the torque peak pinging I was hearing in hot weather. Then I put my cam in and....:cool:.

I bought mine on ebay. They sell there for reasonable prices if you don't find one here in the for sale area. Wait to get the 27 row version. I used spacer blocks made from rubber spacers used to space coil springs for the spacers needed to help it work with the stock brackets.

intercooler help 740 B230ft 91

I know this is a very old thread ,but would anyone like to make a recomendation, or does anyone have one for sale ? and has anyone seen or dealt with these guys, ? and/or whidh NPR specific unit would be best Thanks

thhttp://www.siliconeintakes.com/front-mount-intercooler/turbo-intercooler-p-200.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAob3vBRAUEiwAIbs5TgICEoK1ighPl4tqGoPZ1trYsafeEpzvdZ0OS7oaRK6Jg1UimZ56CRoCvdAQAvD_BwEis is cheap!

I know this is a very old thread ,but would anyone like to make a recomendation, or does anyone have one for sale ? and has anyone seen or dealt with these guys, ? and/or whidh NPR specific unit would be best Thanks

Me again , sorry for the double post1 Im trying to resucitate this topic .I would like to know what years NPR I.C. and what model is best ? also a company called CSF sells a similar I.C. ...any feedback from anyone on them ? also I found this company that I linked previously with what seems like a very reasonable price ,has anyone dealt with them ,or thier products ? they seem legit ! Okay so I will wait here fore someone who has a little info or sugestions to breathe life back into this old thread and help a fledgling 745 rodder out VOLVO FOREVER ! Thanxz

740 intercooler upgrade

Thanxz for the reply , it seems hard to get feedback here sometimes,/ I like your article ,love the wheels and RWD 740/940's I have 3 and a recent aquired T5V70 2002 .I did see the CSF I.c's did you see this site here http://www.siliconeintakes.com/front-mount-intercooler/turbo-intercooler-p-200.html what does anyone think of these guys / dirt cheap stuff seems like ! will this unit help ...ANYONE care to put down the budweiser and comment ? { do swede guys even drink butweiper Beer ? } seems like a chevy truck thing . anyway I dont have gobs of time and money to spend on this car due to other projects ,so looking for MAXIMUM Bang to Buck ratio 1 again thanxz for reply

Back