• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tomahawk replacement 142

apico500

I bought from VP new window lift rail channels and rubber strips to replace the rusty ones in my 142. Removed old ones but the new ones fit very loosely and wont hold the window. Is there something else I need to do? Or is the rubber strip too thin?

Last edited:
Do you mean the window lift rail channel?

s-l225.jpg

EDPM pond liner, thorn proof bicycle inner tube or double up what you have with a strip of standard inner tube.

Most bike shops will give you popped tubes to play with / use.

For some reason, Volvo used 2 different thicknesses of glass so there are 2 different thicknesses of rubber strips.

VP's website only lists the thinner rubber on the 1 page I checked. The thinner rubber is more common.

VP has the correct thickness rubber strips using part# 1268231.

All braided steel fuel hose with AN fittings, Holley fuel pressure regulator, Custom cable operated throttle linkage with billet arms and throttle shaft mounted return spring and IIRC, we also added a hard to see PCV system using stainless steel tubing with a tap into the under side of each intake runner with the tubing running behind the cylinder head to the breather box.

DCOE_LinkageReturnSpring.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, Volvo used 2 different thicknesses of glass so there are 2 different thicknesses of rubber strips.

VP's website only lists the thinner rubber on the 1 page I checked. The thinner rubber is more common.

VP has the correct thickness rubber strips using part# 1268231.

According to VP and the Volvo parts manual the correct part is # 96343 544/210/122/140.
Getting confusing. They have part # 1268231 140/164/2/7/900. (maybe its the same gauge rubber?)
VP agreed to send correct one at no cost since it was their mistake.

Back