• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I was too legit. Too legit to quit.

Good to know, thank you both for the info! My worry with the V50 is that the owner is the type of person to 'use a car up' and then park it. He says it was only parked due to the transmission, but I will see how everything else looks next week when I bring the car in my garage for a look. :x:

For now, the mad scientist (my roommate) brought home these ramps from his parent's place. And now he is doing electrical wizardry :lol:

Hq7zzaOl.jpg

ft6e6mTl.jpg

:lol: The V50 came over for a wash. It is getting checked out by a family friend/Volvo tech tomorrow evening. It will need a lot of detailing, but It didn't feel like it ran poorly when I brought it over. Before and after wash :cool:

1dnIT4pl.jpg

NiQ8jH4l.jpg

Let's see if the leaks are gone THIS time :lol:

vQsQuZyl.jpg

Lower radiator hose wasn't quite right but It seems to be good now :x:

Spal is working well in the cooler weather. If I keep the car it will get a medium profile fan before next summer

The current train of though is that it needs a software/firmware update (I don't know the difference), as well as a trans fluid/filter service. Waiting to see what the local pro says. I've passed your guys data along as well :nod:

A local friend hooked me up with a coin tray for my 740, so I fixed (and then cut up :lol: ) the dash trim to fit the tray a little further back.

kD1MT2Jl.jpg

syKJC7Yl.jpg

XTUtZejl.jpg

zPpEpynl.jpg

Last edited:
Took the 740 out to 2 separate car meets this morning :cool:

GLok1Til.jpg

Played with an ATS while taking a shortcut through Mexico to the next meet :lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RVqaOYKNJ0k" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Made it out for the end of the meet at Farmer Boy's. Posting lots of other pic in the Modesto Euro Sunday thread

PJ3a3Fal.jpg

The scene really has come back in a positive way the last few years :nod: I'm not a huge fan of social media, but I do use it to find car meets :cool:

I finally talked Dad into selling me the wagon, so now I have a pair of 740's :doh:

On the day-to-day grind..the master cylinder I put in the 744 failed, so I decided to try my hand at rebuilding the old one I had pulled out. Mid-project as of this post, so we'll see how it works :x:

2y00KLFl.jpg

Last edited:
Back