• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 240 got jacked on floor pans

smeha

Tranny Whisperer
Hello everyone,
At Costco after replacing Virgo wheels I went to check whats up and found that they jacked my front on floor pans right next to jack points...
Anyways, the bend is not bad and I will even out it with no problems, but they popped some sort of metal round plates.
Anyone know what are they for? how to glue them back, por-15 epoxy is fine?

Car: 1988 245DL
P.S. Obviously I filled incident report and took pics, but they are like "oh man i don't know, seems it could be like that before."
Thanks!

Pics for reference, NOT MY CAR/PICTURES
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/K8K9r"><a href="//imgur.com/K8K9r"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/aTq9F"><a href="//imgur.com/aTq9F"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's why you don't take your car to costco.

Strip the carpet and sound deadening out, beat the floor back with a rubber mallet and put the plug back in with seam sealer.

Make sure to put a lot of seam sealer in there, don't be frugal.

I was trouble shooting an annoying rattle for awhile, and finally discovered that the plug had come loose (about half of it, anyway): I anchored / reattached it with seam sealer: problem solved.

I'm confused.
You were concerned about round Virgos, yet you went to Costco to have tires mounted?

Costco never struck me as a place to trust with fragile things.
May have been better off with a real tire store.

Just sayin'.

I'm confused.
You were concerned about round Virgos, yet you went to Costco to have tires mounted?

Costco never struck me as a place to trust with fragile things.
May have been better off with a real tire store.

Just sayin'.
Like discount tires? Hahahaha they all suck d1ck but I can't do tires on my own, so have to give it to someone. Plus their tires were cheaper than most of the places.

If you don't have any rust, you can just wire brush it and use waterproof construction adhesive from the local hardware store (I used Gorilla because I was in a hurry and it said "waterproof" in letters large enough to read).

If you need another block-off plate, I think I just chucked one in the trash -- I found it rattling around under the seat panel, where it must have been lost during original assembly. One more rattle fixed....

Yeah, the idiots at the normal shops are the worst. My car has been apparently lifted so many times but the kickpanel that it's badly curled under the car.

The lift points are right behind you dummies! Lift there!

I usually just take the rims to a shop (I find ones that sell the 22's as they will have the nicer machines with delrin pads)...and have them mount them. With no bay to wait for, its typically a 45 minute affair. Then I can take them home, hang them like an adult and torque them to proper specs (which is what I usually have issues with at the tire shops). There's a place out thataway called carshoes(?) that seems cheaper than most.

:cool:

It's my DD and current ride, so I can't just go to the shop with rims and new tires were mounted on 245 already. My sister riding XJ at the moment and Disco 1 needs massive amount work after last off road.

I typically find a small independent tire shop in my local area and stay with them for years. They usually remember me and my car when I come in. Plus I watch them like a hawk. I've had pretty good luck doing this.
Dave

....I watch them like a hawk.

^^This.^^

My older brother's been in the business for 40+ years - still successfully runs a small, independent shop. The stories of damage done by "renowned" tire shops are almost unbelievable. I drive 2.5 hours to his shop for anything related to wheel/tire/alignment (when I don't align it myself). Not sure what I'll do when he retires/sells the business. He's 68.....

Back