• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wet 745 carpet

I've used a guitar string with good success.

Easy enough to check - open the sun roof pour a good bit of water on either side, if the drains are good to go you should see a good flow of water in front of the related left or right side door. If it just pools up there and you get dripping in the are I just mentioned rather than a water flow - or no flow at all that's your issue.

attachment.php
So just glop on some sealant around the bottom edge of the plug? I already tried prying it out a bit on the vertical edges and managed to chip that twice. So just add goop then? Around the entirety of it or just the bottom half?

Has anyone found a trick to get this thing out?
I keep reefing on it and it won't budge

Last edited:
The plug/cover behind the kickpanel cover? Don't try to remove it, you'll probably end up cracking it. Just clean around it real good with some brushes, rag with alcohol, etc. and seal all around the edges with caulk, just like sealing around a bathtub.

Yeah, I actually tried that myself a bit and yes I did crack it, but thankfully only a bit on the vertical edges. I glued those back before sealing.

Did this stuff yesterday (along with my front and rear brake lines.) Removed the kick panel as step 1 of sealing up the passenger side.

Pic 1, ECU
Pic 2, hello little (krappy) seal... sigh.

Likely a project for this coming weekend. I'm going to get some silicone caulk for this one.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 19
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 18
I was able to verify on mine that it was leaking by pouring water in the cowl grille, and with a good flashlight soon began to see a very fine rivulet of water emerging from the bottom of the plug. Very fine rivulet, but unmistakable, and after a few days of steady rain it could really soak the carpet.

Repeated the test after the caulk dried-- no more water escaping from around the plug. :)

Back