• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

4L80E

Can anyone share some pictures of where they clearanced the tunnel, and what changes were made to the trans cross member?

Is there a risk of damaging the dash or any interior stuff when hammering away? My 240 is kinda nice for a 240 and I'd like to keep it that way.

My 60E hits the limiter for like 3 seconds WOT on the 1-2 shift, I'm guessing its on its way out.

4L80 weighs a lot more, some people say 100 lbs, seems kinds overkill, maybe just build your 4L60 up a bit>?
620139d1501357388-4l60e-vs-4l80e-size-p129013_image_large.jpg

Looks like most of the size increase is in rear, where you have the least room, Just looking at the pic, seems the shifter will have to relocate

Well I kinda want a reliable transmission, and I'm planning on a turbo as well. So I think that rules out the 4L60E. My 60 has the removable bellhousing, and honestly from some pictures I've seen the 80 looks smaller. Great point about thickness to the rear, but it seems to me it'll be okay there?

Anyone who has done this?

Back from the dead.
The 4l80e runs a rear VSS sensor typically a 40 pulse per revolution sensor.

Any luck of using a resistor to use the 4L80E vss to run my 940 speedo?

the 940 speedo is looking for a 48 pulse wheel. some reason yu're not using the pickup in the diff? you could use an abs wheel speed sensor I suppose as well...

the 940 speedo is looking for a 48 pulse wheel. some reason yu're not using the pickup in the diff? you could use an abs wheel speed sensor I suppose as well...

Well the 8.8 I installed eliminated that. Since i'm going with DIY MS3 Pro think i'll loose the dash altogether....if I can't make it look OEM

either that or run down a custom trigger wheel for the diff. if you find one lemme know, I'd like to get a couple for my cars.

Well the 8.8 I installed eliminated that. Since i'm going with DIY MS3 Pro think i'll loose the dash altogether....if I can't make it look OEM

Was your 8.8 not out of an explorer? Should be able to cut teeth out to get the number you want and that sensor works with the dash by just splicing the two wires.

Back