• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What's the heaviest thing you tow with your Volvo?

745_Mini_Anhaenger.jpg

That was about 1800kg, that would be the most load, I would suggest. In Germany the 740 is rated at 1900kg tow weight, if certain reinforcing strips are installed and the trailer is equipped with overrun brakes.

Last edited:
745_Mini_Anhaenger.jpg

That was about 1800kg, that would be the most load, I would suggest. In Germany the 740 is rated at 1900kg tow weight, if certain reinforcing strips are installed and the trailer is equipped with overrun brakes.

Dont they have strict speed limits for towing if you are moving this much weight?

Usually 740 max trailer weight is 1500kg and 900 1600kg but the hitch might limit it lower. Most later models(around 96->) have 1800kg from the factory.

Volvo has sold a reinforcement kit to up the trailer weight of the older models to 1800kg. It's really simple and OE-type is still available from Skandix for example. Found that 1900kg mentioned is valid in Germany?
http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/accessories/car-accessories/load-carry/towbar-parts/reinforcing-kit-trailer-hitch/1015479/

Yes it is Germany only. 1900 kg only for B230FT and manual, according my German owners manual.

Clicked on this hoping for a "your mom" joke and wasn't disappointed.

I had a 750t with a hitch that dam near broke my shin bone the first time I walked around it,removing that was the first thing I did to the car, but never towed anything with a Volvo. A guy in my town regularly amazed me by towing a sailboat with his 240 wagon that as almost 3 times as long as the car! Saw him every weekend, no idea what boats weigh though.

Boats do not weigh much. What do you do with your Volvo if you do not have a tow bar? Also known as a reversing sensor

Drive it to places I have to go to? I like going fast, which can't happen if you are hauling around a bunch of junk, also I generally don't have to move large objects around. I borrow my brothers truck once a year or so for those tasks.

43003391_10217005527906420_2999673230463074304_o.jpg

I haul wood with mine all the time, being able to tow with a 240 is the main reason I came over to TB , the 114hp was not cutting it. I don't haul huge or super heavy loads, but I do haul loads like this all the time.

Boats do not weigh much. What do you do with your Volvo if you do not have a tow bar? Also known as a reversing sensor

This is an odd statement. Are you thinking of cute little boats towed over flat British roads by charming estate cars? Our 21' Sea Ray is ~4k lbs dry, not including the trailer. A Volvo literally could not tow it up the hill turning out of my driveway, forget getting it up into the mountains to the lake.

and now picturing a Volvo being dragged backwards down the boat launch into the water :rofl:

DBCE1818-826D-4CED-BAE2-57A5CB9A134F_1.jpg

Pulled our dodge stretch van that has no reverse or 3rd gear 2 blocks down the street. Gotta be at least 4000-4500 pounds and a pain on the m47 clutch

I have a 7x10 trailer I routinely pull with my na 745 5 spd. Its slow but gets the job done. I have pulled 3k with it but I wouldn't try any highway driving like that. It just doesn't have the power and it SUCKS gas when doing that.

This is an odd statement. Are you thinking of cute little boats towed over flat British roads by charming estate cars? Our 21' Sea Ray is ~4k lbs dry, not including the trailer. A Volvo literally could not tow it up the hill turning out of my driveway, forget getting it up into the mountains to the lake.

and now picturing a Volvo being dragged backwards down the boat launch into the water :rofl:

I suppose we are really lucky to have our nice flat roads like this

b9kK1if.jpg

Back