• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone making good power with a b21ft (Kjet)?

golddayton101

Just wondering if anyone on here has gotten any decent numbers utilizing the kjet system. I am sure it's been back in the day but I can't find any recent info; I know most people either go LH, MS, or some other EMS.

Absolutely! Its all black magic of some sort though.
Google search "Mercedes fuel distributor turbobricks".

Just wondering if anyone on here has gotten any decent numbers utilizing the kjet system. I am sure it's been back in the day but I can't find any recent info; I know most people either go LH, MS, or some other EMS.
Depends on your definition of decent numbers. A few in the 200-250 rwhp range over the years, but not much more than that really.

Volvo did. B21.. 330 hp and truck-loads of torque.
and K-jet being mandated by the rules meant a huge amount of work because of the K-jet.

Everybody dealing with the problem of power and K-jet hated the rules and the K-jet.
I have talked directly with some from back then because I built a legal Group A car (different Swedish car and on carbs but friends were using K-jet on their cars and asked me to ask the guys in the know)..

You didn't say if the question was because you were thinking of TRYing to make a B21T make power or if its just wondering aloud.

If iyou're actually wondering about making power in B21T then sure no problems--if you dump the K-jet.
There is NO SANE reason for voluntarily creating difficult and expensive problems for yourself when there are no rules forcing you to retain K-jet.

Saying "it's what I have" is not a valid answer.

My last '83 turbo with a VERY basic setup put down 187hp/193tq with a slipping clutch. Just picked up an '81 turbo recently. Shooting for 230-250hp range with proper intake/exhaust/intercooler/black magic mods... It's been a long time since I've looked into it as well. Seems the most current k-jet mod is swapping to LH2.2.

SwedishK managed 197 whp with a 15g, small NPR, and K-Jet. I'd skip to Megaswuirt.

Turbobrick211 managed 311 whp but he's kind of a wizard...

UTCIS stepper motor for metering pin and eliminate the flap in the way of the airflow and CPR? :lol:
$2500...not exactly TB cheap :lol: To be fair you'll be half way to that even doing a lot of DIY with a basically sorted MSEFI everything, but $2500 is ~5x the price of the average TB lowered lowlife cockroach all up front in a chunk.

220-240whp is possible without much of any compromise. Don't bother changing the cam if you can get away not doing so.

On the bright side, even strangled by the stock K-jet, the rest of the chassis, brakes, suspension, drivetrain will struggle to stay in 1 piece ~220-240whp and 300something-lbs. :lol:
After which point, it often gets exponentially more costly to have a well sorted DD/street legal car that's ~half as comfortable, safe, and/or reliable as ~300+hp cars sold in the last decade...
...assuming you get though a thorough stage 0 of a 32+ year old car with a bunch of OE/decent quality parts for it being NLA now, and much of the rest being likely 32 years old and tired/worn out.

Last edited:
I have a 83 240 glt. 200whp 240wtq. Stock t3 turbo vx cam. Put the motor together in 99. Want more details pm me. The dyno go said it I could out more air to it if I wanted too. My afr's looked great. I have dynoed it many times through the years at different stages of upgrading. The car is strong. I could put the 90+ exhaust manifold on it, the b21f intake manifold and the ipd turbo cam to get even more power but I'm happy where it's at. There is no black magic with b21ft k-jet. Just need to know what your doing. I worked for Volvo for 22 years before opening my own shop.

WZNuqv8l.jpg

I have a 83 240 glt. 200whp 240wtq. Stock t3 turbo vx cam. Put the motor together in 99. Want more details pm me. The dyno go said it I could out more air to it if I wanted too. My afr's looked great. I have dynoed it many times through the years at different stages of upgrading. The car is strong. I could put the 90+ exhaust manifold on it, the b21f intake manifold and the ipd turbo cam to get even more power but I'm happy where it's at. There is no black magic with b21ft k-jet. Just need to know what your doing. I worked for Volvo for 22 years before opening my own shop.

I'm going to be in your neck of the woods for the eclipse.

My 82 turbo is about that 190-200hp zone and has been for a long time. Much more it become re engineering the driveline as well. At this hp zone the trans is strong enough and if not abused last fine. Same for the rear. But the engine itself is able to make more power than that and for that I would swap out the kjet for efi. It has also been shown more than a few times here that people that want more power out of the B21ft and swapped to efi accomplished another level of power.

Back