• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jimbo's Green Wagon: 1972 145S

Yep, completely different rear section in '74.

Actually, all 140/164's had the option of a mid mount hand brake. A kit was available to convert them. Of course, it's NLA.

100SeriesMidMountHandbrake.jpg

A working D-Jet system would be pretty easy to live with while you make the rest of the car into a car.
Heck, it would be pretty easy to live with it as a D-Jet car indefinitely.

This is a pretty big step!

Got a message from my TB buddy in Maine today, with the attached photo:

For a whopping $83.06 for taxes and fees, I now have a means to title the wagon in the state of Maryland!!

Now I can confidently order parts to get the car running for any period of time!
Radiator hoses, thermostat and gasket, carb kits, new fuel lines, valve cover gasket, and an intake/exhaust gasket!

Next on the to-do list is install the radiator, rebuild the carburetors, seal up the intake and exhaust manifolds, and flush the fuel tank (not too bad, surprisingly).

Actually, all 140/164's had the option of a mid mount hand brake. A kit was available to convert them. Of course, it's NLA.

But, but... why would you? I think the LH handbrake is one of the best things about a 140. So easy to reach in and pull it as the car is rolling away...

You may have to true-up the fuel bowl covers to stop leaks on your HIFs.
They sometimes get warped and won't seal properly even with new o-rings.
It's easy enough to do with a file or some emory cloth on a flat surface.

It drove for the first time today!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tul5pNiIFgI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

After sealing the cooling system, my brother pointed out that we had a sizeable coolant leak. There are a dozen holes in the radiator that came with the car. After some research, I discovered that these crossflow style rad's are hard to come across.

I scored a good used crossflow radiator on eBay this morning for $106 shipped with a 101 day warranty!

You can use a 240 radiator, btw. Requires notching the frame rails so the end tanks slide into place.

Three things arrived in the mail yesterday!

Registration from Eric in Maine- Now I can title the car
Radiator from eBay- included plastic fan shroud (that I didn't have already)
Steering lock and key from Jason (jfry)- All I need now is a set of door/tailgate locks

Unfortunately, I type this email in the Morgantown Comfort Inn as tomorrow morning at 8:00, I move into my dorm. I won't be home until Thanksgiving and won't have any time until winter break to work on the car.

I have a bunch of cylinders and keys. I'll see if I have a matched set tomorrow. Looking for anything else while I'm at it?
Marc

Unfortunately all my full sets are for a 142 or 144. I can put together a set for the doors that has one key and a cylinder for the tailgate with another key if your interested. PM me to let me know.
Marc

Marc,
I would definitely be interested in a two-keyed set (one for doors, one for tailgate).
Send me a PM.
James

The sedan and wagon trunk/tailgate lock tumbler is the same. Get a full set for a sedan and swap the tumbler for the trunk lock over to the wagon lock assembly. This assumes the locks haven't been updated to the newer style key.

Shout out to Mechaniman!
My package from him arrived today with the last of the small bits I need, aside from an air filter assembly and door locks. I'm at college so this is the closest I'm getting to wrenching on it for a while.

GwSbUtJl.jpg

2cUBgL3l.jpg

7AjRxGul.jpg

Wy1YvNEl.jpg

eybB54Ll.jpg

jMSLPcCl.jpg

Bumping this as positive reinforcement and motivation for OP to keep this car going and be patient the long term build. Saying this not just as a Brick Lover but as a Friend.

145's are SICK. Especially ones that have survived on the East Coast!

I LOVE this Wagon!

Rock on James!

Back