• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 No start after washing engine and again this morning after raining

Alright so new crank sensor but still nothing. Coil? It should read 12 volts on the blue wire with the key in the “on” position?

My car has 951 series ecus

:urgod: good. That's what all my NA 2.4 cars get too.

I'm lost now too. Have you used compressed air and dried out the connector and boot on the coil itself? Are you lacking spark on ALL cylinders? How about a noid light to see if the injectors are firing.

Main power fuse to ECU, did you check that? Sounds like that is your problem. Not sure what your car is but wont' run and also the code reader wont' work if you don't have power to the ECU... If that isn't it, then possibly your ECU is bad. You should get your code test working flashing one one one first then you know it should run. Electrical problem for sure. Check your grounds. All the fuses, if you car is a 240 then the fuse panel is in a good spot to get corroded and needs cleaning especially if water gets by the door seal or even the windshield seal drips onto the fuse panel. YOu gotta take all the fuses out and clean the contact end things that the fuses contact on.

I has similar problem after washing the motor and car would die when I came to a stop. I don't know what it was but it fixed itself after a while drying out possibly the cranks sensor like roy says on mine. 95 940 turbo wagon. If you car was is a 740 I'd say check that fuse number one the main fuse.

Last edited:
God ducking damnit! That little **** as fuse in the engine bay. I pulled it out and it didn’t look bad. Threw another fuse in it cause why not and I got the blinks lights back. Cranks and runs now. God ducking damn Volvo. Who engineered that ****?

Ha, yeah that is the main fuse to the ECU for those junker 240's.. I've had to replace that fuse holder also as it gets wore out with corrosion and the stupid plastic holder thingy. I just buy a 30 amp same fuse holder from napa and splice it in. You just gotta always remember about it and check it if car don't run.. Same problem with a 2.2 240..

Last edited:
Welp rained yesterday and low and behold my 95 940 running like sheet, so swapped out the CPS, had a crack in the usual spot and the fuel pump relay, no fix. Next up check powerstage and plug wires. Crazy..

Welp rained yesterday and low and behold my 95 940 running like sheet, so swapped out the CPS, had a crack in the usual spot and the fuel pump relay, no fix. Next up check powerstage and plug wires. Crazy..

This seems almost more common on 7/9 cars because the dist is right where the hood meets the cowl. It's always water in the plug wire holes for me when it gets wet.

Back