• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

PS, is your OSD plate real, or a modded newer one? I'm curious what OSD plates looked like back then, or if that was an option then.

Adam

PS, is your OSD plate real, or a modded newer one? I'm curious what OSD plates looked like back then, or if that was an option then.

Adam

I was under the impression that it was a European tourist/temporary plate. The number on the passenger side is a country code, 06 for Sweden, and the number on the other side was the year model, 67. I don't know how much of that is true if any, but I liked the plate a lot. It looks way too nice and new to be a legit '67 plate and it was a fairly cheap Ebay find.

Oh and those adjuster sleeves are hollow all the way through so that could solve my problem by raising the front back up about 1/2" or so, as long as the Bilsteins will fit through them.

well hot DAMN that looks good. next time we meet up i have to see/go for a ride in this car. what size are those TSW's?

17x8 with a +20 offset.

They actually cleared all of the fenders but at the risk of tearing up some new tires we went ahead and just hammered them in. Well we actually only did three. The DS rear had plenty of clearance while the PS rear was SO SO close to touching. I guess I need an adjustable panhard soon. ;-) It probably also wouldn't have hurt to go with the 205/50s in the rear and maybe a 205/45 in the front. It always clears the fenders but they're pretty keen on hitting the sway bar.

I'm going to check it out in the morning to see if I can figure out the clunking noise. It didn't start until last night after I cut 2" of the bump stops off and put the new wheels on. It also won't drive in a straight line to save it's life. Something is fishy with it.

I was under the impression that it was a European tourist/temporary plate. The number on the passenger side is a country code, 06 for Sweden, and the number on the other side was the year model, 67. I don't know how much of that is true if any, but I liked the plate a lot. It looks way too nice and new to be a legit '67 plate and it was a fairly cheap Ebay find.

Yes, they are European temporary plates. When you take part in the Volvo Over Seas Delivery program you pick your car up at the factory in Sweden, get temporary plates, get to drive around Europe and then get to have your car shipped for free to your local Volvo dealership. I have them for my 245 and a lot of people I know have them, but for some reason I was under the impression that the early ones were all red or something. I have an extra set of red/white ones I could just get new stickers made for the year side if that's the case.

Adam

I'm not really sure if that's what the numbers inside the red parts mean. Someone told me that when I bought it online. I do have one of the old original "Special Delivery : Tourist and Diplomat Sales" leather key chains that came with the car but the tag is not original to the car.

Welp, sorted out the front end clunking. I think the very end of the spring was moving up and down inside the upper inner cup that holds the stock springs in place. Solution was to use the adjustable perches that came with the spring kits in the top. That raised the front end about 1/2" but it actually has some suspension travel now and honestly doesn't ride that bad at all. It's nowhere close to how it was before and it's definitely not any worse than the 245 with what I suspect are GT front springs and 250lb. rear springs.

Now my car is the closest to having coilovers that it will ever be without actually having coilovers. :lol:

Anyway, here's a crappy night shot from my test drive tonight:

oY9pb.jpg

usually i'm not a fan of black wheels with machined lips, but those look ****ing proper on your car man. i have amazon/2 door/slammed/rimp envy now. pleaseeeee take lots of pics of it at the tail if you go saturday

I'm afraid it's not gonna be there. I still have a healthy oil leak to sort out. I probably would have been able to get it ready if we hadn't had a week of rain like two weeks ago. Just bad timing I guess. It will be at the next meet for sure.

What bolt pattern wheels are those? And are you running adapters, or did you find the correct size/offset/pattern to work on the 67 hubs?

Looks bitchin man. Very cool slammed stance.

5x4.5. No adapters. Stock Amazon bolt pattern. They bolt right up but you have to take the dust caps off of the front and the rears won't work without rolling the fenders and then you'll definitely need an adjustable panhard to go that low. It's not a lot of work.

I have had to put a spacer on the front of my Amazon when I was running the Ford Wheels, and that allowed me to run the caps, along with get the front fender well filled out.. I think the front wheels look so much better, when they arent sunk way in the body work like they typically do on these cars.

Yeah I'm happy I went with pretty much the max offset that will work on it with it that low. It could come out if I stretched some tire but that's not really my thing, or if I raised the car back up a little. I wanted a nice beefy tire which is why I went with an all-season and a 50 sidewall. I bet they would clear the dust caps with ~2-3mm of spacing. They just baaaarely don't fit behind the front wheels with the center caps in them.

Back