• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Spacer and extended studs

BeaverMeat

I am wanting to use a 5mm spacer with my 740 Dracos on my 240 to get the proper ET20.

There are a few options for spacers. H&Rs are on the top of my list along with Motorsport Techs. Is there anything else "better"?

Just to be safe I want to install extended studs. Who offers the "shortest" extended studs? I plan on using the longer wheel nuts but, I don't want cut them to fit as I'm ill-equipped to cut them down "nicely"... a Dremel and a sacrificial wheel nuts.

Thanks

700/900 rear stud is slightly longer. Naturally then you would need 700/900 nuts also.

With a 5mm spacer the rim isn't hubcentic anymore so take care when tightening the nuts.

4 & 5 Lug 3mm Thick Spacer (Pair) $11.99

600-2T.jpg

Right now the car has 16x7 ET18 rim with a 205 wide tire. It’s a very tight fit as it is.

The tires for the Dracos will be 205/60r15 and the offset change will pull the wheel in by 8mm. There isn’t 8mm of room to spare.

I had 225-50-15 steamrollers on Dracos and they didn't hit but the car went down the road wandering around & shaking like a dog trying to sh!t peach pits.

That said I'd bet they clear just fine with 205s.

Last edited:
:nod:

Your ADHD is kicking in hard, an inch wider wheel will make a significant tire profile difference even with the same exact tire.

NB:

You'll need right around 6 turns of the lug nuts to be safe with 1/2 x 20 threading, so I'd test fit them before buying the 3mm spacers.

Stock 240 studs with 5mm spacers and alloy wheels won't offer quite enough threading engagement in my experience.

Besides which beating the studs in and out of an installed hub isn't paticularily good for the bearing races which is why Volvo supplied a press to do the job right.

:nod:

Your ADHD is kicking in hard, an inch wider wheel will make a significant tire profile difference even with the same exact tire.

NB:

You'll need right around 6 turns of the lug nuts to be safe with 1/2 x 20 threading, so I'd test fit them before buying the 3mm spacers.

Stock 240 studs with 5mm spacers and alloy wheels won't offer quite enough threading engagement in my experience.

I’ll see how I rolls.

I don’t want spacers... try my best to avoid them.

i-pSBxQXg-M.jpg

Virgo on BNE.

One day when I find a set. The price was right on these Dracos so I’ll roll them.

I’ll see how I rolls.

I don’t want spacers... try my best to avoid them.

One day when I find a set. The price was right on these Dracos so I’ll roll them.

I had to use some the 3mm EZaccessory spacers to clear the 240 front vented calipers with some 15 Spoke Desone wheels and it was fine.

Right about 6 turns fine to be exact.

:e-shrug:

Surprised you aren't buying some 195-65-15 snows for your dragoon wheels?

I had to use some the 3mm EZaccessory spacers to clear the 240 front vented calipers with some 15 Spoke Desone wheels and it was fine.

Right about 6 turns fine to be exact.

:e-shrug:

Surprised you aren't buying some 195-65-15 snows for your dragoon wheels?

These are for the slick above freezing rain we get all winter. For a rain specific tire it’s preferable to have a wide contact patch. I went with Vredestein QuaTrac 5 all-weathers because they’re asymmetrical, excellent rain performance, and for the money they aren’t absolute garbage. Had them on my Miata which would skate around in the rain. It was actually frightening. These tires planted the car.

Don’t really need winter tires on the car all winter on this island. Since I’m a wheel whore I am wanting a set of wheels for hardcore studded winter tires just in case.

195/65r15 or 195/70r14

Last edited:
Back