• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Euromurican; a 242 with an M60B40

Blasted the rear axle.

It will be fitted with this lump of steel. And 3.15:1 ratio crown wheel and pinion

And some other pieces.

Made an adjustable panhard from a deck support. Dirtcheap and M20 thread.

Chow for now.

Last edited:
Scored a Renault Twingo electric sunroof and then I made a big hole in the roof of the 242 (purists pls stfu). I also painted the inner roof and pillar trim black and got some e30 grips.

AliXpress 3rd brakelight. Yes, perhaps a bit too modern (don't care) but hardly noticeable from inside and when off, and it keeps the phoneholding mouthbreathers from rearending me, hopefully.

Last edited:
Roof!!!!

Nice panoramic view !!! Also the third lite must lit aa far back as a mile, who ever dont see it , must NOt be behind a wheel!!!
Nice handles, I got mine form a range rover discovery.
Keep up the good work.
Take care DZ:oogle:

Cool project! Looks like it was sold new in Falun which is 50 miles from me. :)

That is very likely. All I know is that is was imported from the north of Sweden back in 2006 and that I'm the 3rd Dutch owner. It is still incredibly solid with hardly any rust given it's 44 years of age.

^ this is hardly the case (yes, imagine an extra N and you got the English meaning.)

That is very likely. All I know is that is was imported from the north of Sweden back in 2006 and that I'm the 3rd Dutch owner. It is still incredibly solid with hardly any rust given it's 44 years of age.

It probably spent its life in inland Swedish Lapland or J?mtland where they don?t salt the roads in the winter. It?s incredible the old, rot free cars you can still see driving around there when they are completely gone on the coast or further south.

It probably spent its life in inland Swedish Lapland or J?mtland where they don?t salt the roads in the winter. It?s incredible the old, rot free cars you can still see driving around there when they are completely gone on the coast or further south.

Yes that's true. From what I understand one could -until recently - pick up these old Volvo's there for silly money. But I think now they are getting appreciated much better, also in Sweden.

Project Slightly Bigger Brake Kit

So I had these Alfa Romeo slash Brembo calipers laying around for some years. The idea once was to use the V70 302*30 discs and make an adapter. But for this car I want to run 15" wheels because I grew a bit tired with the big ass wheels and I like the old school look. So I set myself the challenge to make a kit that would enable 15"s AND run them without spacers. I don't like spacers on the front axle, apart from correcting off-set.

After searching the web I found these discs from a Fiat Ducato up to 2006. The are 280*28 and have deep hats. They are 5*118 and 73mm centre hole.

So I adjusted the calipers a bit...

Messed around to make an adapter...

Slotted the holes of the discs, and got to this point.

I had a mate turn 2.5mm adapter rings to make them hubcentric and I painted the calipers gold with VHT paint.

Now my 15" wheels fit without modification or spacer.

185/70 r14 compared to 215/65 r15

I also have these. JR-14 in 15" for special occasions.

Okay chow for now.

Last edited:
Nice.
You also have the correctionblocks under the strut? Or is it a kappelhenkie quicksteer unit?

It are 50mm blocks which I had turned down to 30mm. I think I got them from Retroturbo. I use 40mm lowering springs from Lesjofors so I wanted to compensate a bit.

I have these to do something with the steering arms.

Nice updates, as always :)

I like that brake situation

Thx, and thx!

Steering wheel.

So because this project is supposed to mimic an American Muscle Car but with Deutsche Muskelkraft och Svensk bil, it needs a proper steering wheel. I could buy something new but I like the overall patina of the car and parts. SO I scored a steering wheel from some '70-s Ford.

Obviously the hub was completely useless so I adapted it to fit a Volvo aftermarket hub. Very happy with the result.

More later.

steering wheel

Hey , that steering wheel came out amazing !!!!!
I got one 6 hole from an Alfa romeo in the states over 10 years ago. I am using it in the 240 wagon. I did re - enginnered the air bag clock to a horn connection. Just got to finish the details. Take car
DZ

Thanks! I like to set some parameters for a project so I know what to do and what to don't. The panoramic roof is the only anomaly but the comfort of it trumps the parameters.

Anyway, me and two friends fitted three 1031 axles with Eaton torsen units over a Saturday and a half. We had a great time to all work together on our separate project cars. Lots of laughs and we're all hands on guys so great cooperation.

Marko

Tommy

Me

Result!

My rare 3.15 set.

I had everything prepared in advance to install the axle as soon as finished, but the front poly bushings for the trailing arms are on backorder some weeks now. :grrr:

More later.

So these finally arrived.

Which meant I could install the new rear axle. But first I finished the fuel delivery. There's a DW200 in-tank pump so I just needed to fit a filter somewhere.

I reinforced the rings of the rods.....

.....and the front of the trailing arms.

New axle under the car.

I had this Dutch crap laying around.

I reused the old panhard for now. I will swap it with the adjustable I made AFTER I've been to the Dutch version of the DMV and have it registered as an 8-cilinder car.

Rear brakes on. Brembo discs, Girling calipers in fashionable Gold, and Greenstuff brake pads.

Next fase is putting the battery in the trunk, do the wiring of it and fit the exhaust. Then basically all the work under the car is done and it can stand on 4 wheels again.
Chow for now.

Back