• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Svea - 1968 220 -

Yeah. no windows on a car... Kinda not road legal. Over in Australia you would have a nice defect sticker and not be allowed on the road pretty quick till the whole car is inspected...

Otherwise. Nice project. Why didn't you pad the hard aluminium seats before putting them in the car?

Yeah. no windows on a car... Kinda not road legal. Over in Australia you would have a nice defect sticker and not be allowed on the road pretty quick till the whole car is inspected...

Otherwise. Nice project. Why didn't you pad the hard aluminium seats before putting them in the car?

Well, my budget is slim. The seats are really comfortable even without padding.

And for the windows, I ran it without windows for about 2 months while tinting and other things were getting done.

Thanks for the compliments.

Andrew, I ended up taking the stock tube nuts that attach to the ipd lines and made up my own, like they did on Canucks 122. It worked really well without any leaks or possibility of getting them caught in the spring. I'll get a better pic tomorrow.

Well Svea made it to IPD, too bad that I couldnt get out to RSI... Got to meet some cool people, but not as many as I expected. I have to say that Nathans 2jz powered volvo is freaking amazing. But I got to snag some cool parts for Svea.

So Svea is on her way to being boosted! picked up this
IMG_2730%255B1%255D.JPG

and I think I might put it here
IMG_2732%255B1%255D.JPG

And some awesome "Amazon" scripts
IMG_2728%255B1%255D.JPG

Still trying to figure out oil lines, oil cooler, and I need to replace my oil pump. I was running like 20# of oil pressure at 3k by the time I got to PDX... So the other half bought me a HD oil pump at IPD.

I'm glad to see you've already been playing with that intercooler, I can't wait to see your fitment. (Ps. I'm the guy you got it from) I'll have pics of mine up this weekend.

I'm glad to see you've already been playing with that intercooler, I can't wait to see your fitment. (Ps. I'm the guy you got it from) I'll have pics of mine up this weekend.

Nice. I'm thinking that if it goes down below I'm gonna need a skid plate or trim the crap outta the grill area :omg: either way it's not just bolt in an go :roll: oh well, its big, and one of a kind.

With it out underneath I looks like I'd need the piping to enter/exit the engine bay through the inner fender around where the wire holes for the headlights are. That would keep it away from the steering stuff, and leave the space in front of the radiator for an oil cooler. I'm gonna take the nose piece off later this week and see if I can stuff it into that. At least now I have options and am ic to play with

What size turbo are you running? That ic is huge, but I know that isn't always a good thing if you only want to make 300hp? Which id guess on this motor would be like a t3/4 or hx35?

Did you put extended studs on as well for the rims? The nuts look they aren't on much :s

The lugs are fine. The next set of wheels will allow me to not have to run a spacer, so I'm not too worried. Sure, the IC is on the big side, but it fits, and since its yet another one of a kind it just adds to the uniqueness that this car carries. Current power goals are whatever will get me from a-b. There aren't too many people boosting pushrod motors, so thats yet another unique point that I like. The plan is follow Jens and what he has built.

As far as turbo, the plan is to fit the 15g that I have, and see what that gets me to. I don't expect much until I can see what a little boost does. Then I'll decide on what to do next. Probably going to end up with a GT3XXX ball bearing job, but who knows. If it spools, they will come.

Last edited:
Well I got the wilwoods on this weekend. Everything went pretty smoothly and I must say that the improvement is definitely noticable.
IMG_2722%255B1%255D.JPG

And they didnt really clear the 15's as much as expected. I ended up just barely touching between the rib in the rim barrel and the area around the bleeders on the caliper. So with my fine measuring instruments (10 flat washers) I figured out that a 1/8" spacer would give me 1/16" of clearance. So I picked up a pair of 1/4" spacers and that leaves me with about 3/16" maybe a touch more of clearance.
IMG_2723%255B1%255D.JPG

Hopefully I will be able to pick up a set of oil lines for the turbo install when I head down to IPD this weekend. Next up on the to do list before IPD is oil change, transmission fluid change, clean up the engine bay, and double check all the electrical connections.

Did the caliper bolt up to the stock location or did you make a bracket? What part number did you order?

Thanks!

Did the caliper bolt up to the stock location or did you make a bracket? What part number did you order?

Thanks!

There's a caliper adapter available through Brick Autosport (Dale's design that was sold to Mr. Borrie). I have the Wilwood part numbers somewhere if Chris doesn't but I'll let him do the legwork ;-)

Whoops. Pic showing brakes includes spacer! The nuts put me off!

Have you seen v-speeds 142 turbo thread? Good ideas there.

Wilwood caliper part#120-11128
EBC green stuff pads #EBC-DP2037
Mr borries adapters
I'll get the hat/rotor part numbers when I have a chance. The whole kit was less than 800. And now replacement rotors are 31-50$ each and pads are 75 a set. That's the biggest improvement over stock.

How's the boost coming Chris!? You give the slow amazons hope with this thread haha.

The turbo install is under way, since this car has officially hit DD status (because the brake pads need almost 1k miles before there fully bedded in) it will be slow going on the install.

So what do you get when you take a fence post, sawzall, old bumper brackets, and a welder?
obMH8cYGM-Gc46cIK1pmlYBRx9INhU4fP3lBOt2wTGk=w1236-h923-no

An intercooler mount!
wckBuOD0zUWsnIOYliOIu9P0uDn44xTpnuiq_zxdb3o=w1236-h923-no

Back