• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

best spark plug gap?

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
what is the best possible gap for plugs in a B230ft?
i've gone from the stock WR7DP's(bosch platinum's) to WR6DP's(stock plugs for the 16-valve motors just incase ya wanted to know) and am waiting for some WR5DP's to come back into stock(i got the plugs but two of them had damaged thread on the back). i am wondering what would be the best setup for these colder plugs. i heard that going down one range in temp doesn't make enought of a difference and being that i've had the WR6DP's for almost 3 months now i've been wanting to change to one more rangle cooler just to see what will happen.

the WR5DP's come pre-gaped @ .024, and the stock WR7DP's were .028 IIRC, i am planing on regaping them to spec just for the heck of it ... but i was wondering what difference would it make if i left them @ .024.

then i had another question ... how does the plug gap make a difference in engine perforamce ... i know that if it is wrong it can cause running problems but how exactally does it do harm?

oh and on a side note when i went from the 7->6 series i did notice a little better pull on top end, there seemed like there was a little less detonation/ignition retard. i have no real audible knock but i have a feeling that there is some knock being that i only run on 91(best gas out here in cali)

I always stick to like .03"? since any smaller and they foul.. and any bigger, and my engine pings...(this is in my 80 244)

Back