• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

CD009 to 244 build thread

I've been using mine for a while now. It really needs a taller axle ratio. I'm still using it with my 3.73 Volvo rear end, and it's 6 closely spaced gears, and it spins the motor more than it needs to (it's a turbo LS) on the highway. I'm planning on putting a Ford 8.8 axle in with a ratio close to 3:1(ish).

Other slight nitpicks:

Specific to my install (LS/Camaro T56 clutch setup) - using the Volvo 260 hydro clutch master with the Camaro T56 hydraulic throwout bearing doesn't work well. Even though the Volvo master cylinder bore diameter matches the Camaro master cylinder. It's a very stiff pedal, and the engagement point is very narrow. I need to go down in master cylinder bore a bit, get less pedal effort and more pedal travel.

The CBF Performance top-mount shifter has some issues. In general, it's got nice short throws, feels nice. But I'm using an offset mount on the shifter lever which reaches back diagonally to center the shifter in the 240 shifter location. This puts a little twist into the shifter mechanism when rowing the gears, and that helps amplify a little bit of slop in the shifter mechanism. So it's 6 gears in a pretty small space, with a bit of slop added, it's just not as nice as it should be. And the shifter retention/detents aren't quite strong enough - it will tend to pop out of gear in some gears (like 5th/6th). Might be due to the rubber Volvo shifter boot being too springy (I need to replace it with something less restrictive), but partly just the detents being to soft. This is something that the CBF kit replaced - the detents work against their new part.

Last edited:
Planning to do this soon, if anyone could offer insight as to how they adapted the driveshaft for a stock 240 diff that would be awesome

I just had a new 1-pc built. Nissan slip yoke on one end, Volvo flange on the other. A bit under $300 and 2 days later and I was bolting it in.

Will have a update soon, been a busy past couple of years and fell off the bandwagon for a bit but thanks to u/WillettRun? I now have a running driving tune on my microsquirt just got some kinks to work out, any questions feel free to PM me! if you are on the Facebook TB group PM Trol Lin. def needs a 3.31 rear end like johnMc says, im currently on 3.71 (i think) and 2nd winds out to about 40mph? 1st is about 15-20 so its not super useful. feel fantastic though! nice and short and clicky trans.

Planning to do this soon, if anyone could offer insight as to how they adapted the driveshaft for a stock 240 diff that would be awesome

I used my local driveline shop and they modified my front driveshaft with a spicer yoke that fit, i think you need a 1310 to whatever the cd009 size was (1410?) costed me about the same as it would cost to just buy the yoshifab shafts. But i am currently using a stock setup with the upgraded center support bushing and trutrac in the rear.

Back