• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230ft no power, petrol in oil

FarAway

Hello,
Freshly rebuilded my B230ft engine. New bearings, New piston rings. Starts really good, after engine getting warm, it seems some piston don't work. Oil smells like petrol and engine don't have any power. Idle is normal. Any ideas what to do?

Did you properly size the ring? Do a dry compression test, then a wet one with oil in the cylinders and see if compression comes back up. Also how did you align the rings?

Replace the fuel pressure regulator that is dumping fuel into the intake???

Ring end gap alignment has no affect on ring seal! This malformed concept needs to die an ugly death!

CHANGE THE OIL NOW! before your cam goes flat.

Replace the fuel pressure regulator that is dumping fuel into the intake???

Very likely the cause; I remember 40ish years ago my VW bug engine had a failed diaphragm in the fuel pump and it leaked fuel straight into the crankcase (down the pushrod). Ol' Dad knew what was wrong as soon as he smelled the oil......

Very likely the cause; I remember 40ish years ago my VW bug engine had a failed diaphragm in the fuel pump and it leaked fuel straight into the crankcase (down the pushrod). Ol' Dad knew what was wrong as soon as he smelled the oil......

Yea mechanical pumps like to do that

Back