• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Early 240 cluster bulbs

PhoeniXXX

Hey y?all, so I?ve looked and searched and couldn?t find what I was looking for, idk if I used bad search terms but whatever we?re here now ?\_(ツ)_/? so I was trying to find what the trade number is on the bulbs used in the early pre-80s clusters. It seems like it only uses two kinds, those small rice grain looking bulbs and three weird looking ones that aren?t even attached to the cluster and that I can?t figure out how to take out without breaking something lol
Here?s a few pictures of the bulbs I?m talking about:
https://i.imgur.com/VWkU9uk.jpg

I just fixed my odometer so I figured while I was in there to replace the warning lights with more modern LEDs and I wanted to replace the lighting bulbs too since one is out and I can?t see my speeed at night lol and it would be nice to upgrade to LEDs

The 3 bulbs above the cluster are BA7s 2W. The sockets are held to the dash with spring clips so just give them a yank and they'll pop right out. They're #'s 62, 63 & 64 in this pic to give you an idea of what you're dealing with.

GR-44526.jpg

The little bulbs are W2x4.6d 1.2W AKA 2721.

Awesome thanks so much y’all!! Another strange question, but would there be a way to repurpose the choke light into a check engine light? I’m going LH2.4 so it’d be nice to have a little check light but it isn’t necessary lol

Awesome thanks so much y?all!! Another strange question, but would there be a way to repurpose the choke light into a check engine light? I?m going LH2.4 so it?d be nice to have a little check light but it isn?t necessary lol

Choke light? I have a choke and no light?....I feel left out.
If I ever convert this car to efi, I am going to hook the choke up so the car wont run unless it is pulled out. That and the third pedal plus the fact that it is an old volvo means it will never get stolen.

Awesome thanks so much y’all!! Another strange question, but would there be a way to repurpose the choke light into a check engine light? I’m going LH2.4 so it’d be nice to have a little check light but it isn’t necessary lol

Yes. In fact if you check the wiring diagrams the same wire in the semi circular connector is used for the choke light on the early cars and the check engine light on the later cars and they both use a ground to illuminate the bulb.

Yes. In fact if you check the wiring diagrams the same wire in the semi circular connector is used for the choke light on the early cars and the check engine light on the later cars and they both use a ground to illuminate the bulb.

Awesome I figured there was a way, just didn?t expect it to be so convenient lol but I still gotta add the pin and wire since I had Kjet, but whatever I?ll take it :rofl:

I'm using the Lambda Service Light on my '85 K-jet -> LH2.4 for CEL. This is the light on the far left that's driven by a separate little box and mechanical cable to indicate that the Lambda O2 sensor needs replacement. I clipped out the diode on the Lambda light so that it would be driven only by the ECU/EZK, instead of the alternator, when first turning the key on. I should have pictures somewhere if you're interested -- I'm not sure if your early dash would have the same light & 2-pin connector.

Back