• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SE 2019 April 26-28

there is usually no shortage of shens. weather outlook is starting to improve. I'd gladly trade rain on thursday for a clear weekend.

Yeah I was checking the weather today too. Looks like potential for rain/showers Thursday evening into Friday AM, but everything I saw was <50%, and not much accumulation.

Looks like decent riding weather.

yep. the more it moves up into thursday afternoon/night the better. the projected rainfall totals are also plummeting, should bode well for for the yard.

I think the amount of water on the inside would be the same if I did. If I drive this thing in a downpour my socks get wet. I put a new windshield seal in and it's borderline useless.

right now it's looking like almost no chance of rain after about 4pm friday, and only ~30% by noon. virtually no chance saturday and sunday

yeah rain chances are about 40% but we're supposed to get a ton tonight. it could (should) be sufficiently dry by next weekend, but of course, murphy is a bitch. Hoping the track doesn't get rained out friday, but I reckon if it does then.. LOTS of shenanigans (maybe bonfire friday?)

speaking of rain and eating, anyone :cough:marv:cough: got a high capacity smoker/grill? one of the Aspeed guys has offered to smoke/grill chicken drums as a precursor to dat ass (tm), but the ol egg doesn't have that kind of capacity because... well.. despite my propensity to eat I can't eat quite THAT much lol.

So, uh, I resigned from my job this past Friday so I'm 50/50 on going now. Feel like I should be doing some job searching instead of drinking and talking **** about cars but we'll see. I can bring the red barrel though if I come. The barrel can do an entire brisket, like 5 or 6 butts, lots and lots of ribs. More than we'd probably need for the weekend. What's the shower situation? Got running water outside we could stand under?

So, uh, I resigned from my job this past Friday so I'm 50/50 on going now. Feel like I should be doing some job searching instead of drinking and talking **** about cars but we'll see. I can bring the red barrel though if I come. The barrel can do an entire brisket, like 5 or 6 butts, lots and lots of ribs. More than we'd probably need for the weekend. What's the shower situation? Got running water outside we could stand under?

there's a finished bathroom outside by the pool, shower and all. just bring towels and toiletrees (or be prepared to run to the cvs... two of which are within 5 miles lol)

I've been killing myself trying to get the car ready to drive down. I had the cam plug fall out Friday. A brake line blow on Saturday. Swapping in new straighter trailing arms. Advance auto losing my brake caliper.

I've been killing myself trying to get the car ready to drive down. I had the cam plug fall out Friday. A brake line blow on Saturday. Swapping in new straighter trailing arms. Advance auto losing my brake caliper.

Can't stop, won't stop.

My stuff should be "good enough". I might have time for a new fuel baffle, might not. Worst case I'll fill it up before we go to the track. Either way it still pisses fuel a good two feet out of the filler cap on right hand turns when full. :e-shrug:

Valve seals seem to have helped a lot of running issues.

Riding down/meeting up with Jared still, planning on Friday.

damn. they updated the track schedule since the last time I looked (which, admittedly, was a little while ago), some sort of 3 day event this weekend. I'll try and call & see if they're going to do test n tune, but with the rain friday morning I'd be willing to bet they're pushing everything back half a day and won't have time for us peons.

What we'll do instead (assuming we can't race) is mix the evenings normally associated with mountain meet with the dyno. There's a couple cars that I need to tune and I'm sure a couple of yall would like to spend more than 20 minutes on the rollers as will likely be the case saturday. I know Mo wants redemption runs after the last time he was down, Mark's 2j car will still be a work in progress so we can make the 2j noises and then later maybe see how it stacks up to sam's vvti setup (as long as he doesn't spray it lol)

Back