• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

chippable ezk?

I cant buy yours. Its way to big, wouldnt fit under my dash. That thing looks like its bigger than my toolbox.

Why? is it still in the bracket from a 700/900 car? It's just held in the bracket with a fastener or two. Then out of the bracket it is the same as what goes in a 240. I used the box just like Promise Ring pictured.

I guess I better get my soldering iron out. The timing difference is so worth it. Especially with a better cam than what Volvo put in there originally. I've been using an enem V15 in there for quite a few years and adding the chipped ezk added another very good seat of the pants performance improvement. Made spinning up that heavy flywheel easier.

sorry it was an inside joke. P.Ring had big pictures on for sale section. I bought a chapable ezk on ebay which it came today and is chipable. Also bought one at a pick n pull but it is not chipable. I apreciate it. Stay warm.

sorry it was an inside joke. P.Ring had big pictures on for sale section. I bought a chapable ezk on ebay which it came today and is chipable. Also bought one at a pick n pull but it is not chipable. I apreciate it. Stay warm.

Ok that had me going. lol. Glad you found one. It is nice to only have to install an eprom in there. Enjoy!

Previously did the ground pins mod for enchanced timing. Is there any improvement if a chipped unit is used. My system is a 2.4 na. What is the best one for chipping.

Grounding advances it the exact same amount throughout the entire rev range IIRC, the chips will probably have a varying timing map adding as much safe advance as possible, and pulling it where need be.

Someone else who knows what they?re talking about will have to chime in though because i may be wrong.

Once you have a chippable EZK you can put any EZK chip in it, 219 or 207 or 209 or whatever, turbo or non turbo it will work. IF you want custom EZK ignition tune then most important is the EZK tune turbo or non turbo.. WHo you gonna get your better ignition EZK tuned chip from??? Ha..

Are the chippable gold EZKs worth anything more than any other chippable EZK? I have a 214 chippable gold box and don’t really have a need for it (most likely). What are the difference between say a chippable gold 214 and a regular black lh2.4 turbo EZK? More aggressive?

We'll the ones with replaceable chip, you can replace the chip with one you programmed up to do what ever the fluck you think would be better to do for your ignition curve in your racing volvo. Ones that don't have the chip you can't do nuthing with except add the chipped daughter board then chip it.

Yes they worth more cause guess why? They can take a chip. Wait you wanna know if gold is worth more then coal? Yeah.. Gold just means it has chippable chip for sure. Black gold with chip just as valuable.

As far as the ignition map tune relates to color? No, hey the red label ones got EGR on a black box. If you wanna keep track of EZK color scheemes..

Gold box EGR or not? CAn't tell they all have white labels regardless. Must memorize EGR number to know that if it is or not is that.

We'll the ones with replaceable chip, you can replace the chip with one you programmed up to do what ever the fluck you think would be better to do for your ignition curve in your racing volvo. Ones that don't have the chip you can't do nuthing with except add the chipped daughter board then chip it.

Yes they worth more cause guess why? They can take a chip. Wait you wanna know if gold is worth more then coal? Yeah.. Gold just means it has chippable chip for sure. Black gold with chip just as valuable.

As far as the ignition map tune relates to color? No, hey the red label ones got EGR on a black box. If you wanna keep track of EZK color scheemes..

Gold box EGR or not? CAn't tell they all have white labels regardless. Must memorize EGR number to know that if it is or not is that.

It?s an egr EZK unfortunately.

If anyone wants to trade a non chippable EZK (turbo) + cash for this chippable ezk, I would do it. Did that last year.

PM if so.

Back