• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

I owned this car from January to September 2016, I believe the guy I bought it from put some kind of cam in it, there was a stock one in the pile of parts I sold it with. I was reading DailyTurismo and saw it, glad to see it go to another TurboBricks member. When I had it it had a vacuum leak, the gas tank leaked from the left side and the gas gauge didn't work- fix those if they haven't been done. Take good care of it, and feel free to ask me any questions!

I owned this car from January to September 2016, I believe the guy I bought it from put some kind of cam in it, there was a stock one in the pile of parts I sold it with. I was reading DailyTurismo and saw it, glad to see it go to another TurboBricks member. When I had it it had a vacuum leak, the gas tank leaked from the left side and the gas gauge didn't work- fix those if they haven't been done. Take good care of it, and feel free to ask me any questions!

Sweet. Gas gauge seems to work, but I dunno about accuracy yet. Guy told me about the gas tank leak, my 86 has that too. Guy I got it from said the same thing about the cam, stock one came in a box of stuff with the car according to him.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for/sell this thing for? And why'd you sell it?

Anyone know the user of the guy that had it before TwoFour here?

There's no rear swaybar. Looks like one of the previous owners took it off for rallycross and no one put one back on.

I wanted to get it registered yesterday, but the DMV has been closed since Friday for MLK..

IMG_20170116_160136.jpg

Number 1 on the left. Wrong type of plug for a turbo, replaced with correct NGKs. What do you guys think?

Got it registered and drove it today. It's fairly fast and pretty fun, but it has some issues..

-A ticking noise from the engine bay that can be heard inside the car. Doesn't go away with the engine off.
-Wheels scrub when turning into parking spots and such because locker.
-Engine almost dies when I lift off and coast. Sometimes when it's just idling as well.
-It's too low and the stickers make me look stupid.
-The steering wheel is stupid.
-Clunking noise when turning at lowish speeds, dunno if this is the locker or what.
-Engine bucking when turning at low speeds.
-Stupid amounts of shifter slop.

IMG_20170119_163230.jpg

IMG_20170119_161434.jpg

IMG_20170119_155738.jpg

I painted the intercooler piping and cleaned up some wiring. Also swapped the drivers side headlight from the 86 so they match in terms of clarity. Thanks to Centsableone for the headlight bracket.

I spy a 945 and 2 saab 900's in the background of first pic.i almost went to look at this car,but my wife would have killed me

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pW6veT6tpKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back