• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 1989 740T, no power to injectors.

shellshock

Below, is a photo of Clay
Hey guys! I figured I'd ask here before I really started into tearing into this thing.

My 740T that I've had for a while is no longer starting. It ran great before it was mothballed for a few years. I drug it out of hibernation only to find that it won't start. I went through the basics:

Has spark
Has fuel running through the rail. The pump is on a manual switch.

Does not have any voltage feed going to any of the injectors. I checked the grounds on the fuel rail, carefully inspected the harness for rodent damage and found none. I had noticed water intrusion in the passenger compartment from sitting so I yanked the ECU. Took it apart and found water had indeed got to it. Replaced with another ECU from a good running 740 to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Radio suppression relay. It supplies power to the injectors.

This. Jumper the relay to supply 12v straight to the injectors. Look at a wiring diagram, it’ll be easy.

If that doesn’t work, remove the resistor pack and file each spade connector. A corroded resistor pack is the thing that stopped my 945T from starting after sitting like 4+ years.

I agree with iHateVolvoPeople. I had the same problem with my '90 740T. Ruled out the radio suppression relay (easy to simply use a jumper to bypass). Turned out to be the resistor pack connector. Clean the spade lugs and try again.

The boost pressure over-boost switch used on Turbo cars with LH 2.2 or it's connector can cause a no ground connection to the fuel pump relay. The radio suppression relay and/or it's connector can cause no power to the injectors.

Back