• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Na fuel injector upgrade

In our batch fire antiques, a newer injector with a different spray pattern really won't make a heap of difference. If your existing yellowtops are clean and in good working order, they will work every bit as well as the newer multi-hole injectors. The only real difference I've seen is that the newer style doesn't seem to get gunked up as quickly.

Every couple of years, I pull the injectors and have them cleaned. I use a service called Dr. Injector that is local to me. I'm sure you have something like it that can turn around a set of four injectors in a day or so. Be sure that they use a good ultrasonic cleaner and you get a flow test report to show before and after.

For my purposes, I did in fact replace my injectors with a newer style (off of a Ford 460). The difference for me was flow. I replaced the older orange top (yellow tops are the same) 19 lb/hr units with 24 lb/hr units (Bosch). At full throttle above ~4k my ARF was climbing above 14. I should be around 12-12.5:1 for maximum power and detonation resistance. With the 24 lb/hr injectors I achieved that. Runs like sh*t cold, but works great once LH2 goes closed loop.

If you are bound and determined to get the newer style, just go find a 5.0 liter ford from the early 2000s. Should be about 19 lbs/hr and be the four hole style. Be sure to look for a Bosch injector - not the ones marked with the ford script. Then be sure to get them cleaned and 'rebuilt' (aka new o rings) before you install them.

20.5 lb/hr, but yes, these are for cars with less than 165hp at the crank and just stock replacements. At 150-165hp they’ll be at 100% duty cycle, so not optimal, but that’s only when you’re flooring it and at peak hp/torque, so it should be fine. They will definitely improve your idle quality and off idle response.

I will post up after I find a decent drop in, larger injector that is modern(multi hole) and the proper spray pattern. If you’re ok with the earlier EV1 injectors and want something drop in that will work on Lh2.4 without mods, the white tops from a 16V have the right spray pattern and are good for another 20 or so hp with their increased flow rate(247cc/min). Stock Lh2.4 will be quite rich at high rpm with them stock, but if you let them learn long enough at low load and high rpm, they will lean out for more hp above 5000rpm than if it doesn’t learn.

Back