• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

No longer mom's grocery getter(1991 244)

priceless. Simon really builds up the suspense :lol:
Totally!

Just got some new EZK bins in the email with advanced ignition timing at idle(for real!), going to get them a whirl as soon as Simon can have another "package" ready for me... :-D

3rd gear pulls... Dynojet dyno, so it should be comparable with my H cam dyno pulls last time, except for the fact that these are in 3rd gear instead of 4th. Which could be making them read lower. *sigh* I guess a trip to the drag strip is in order before I give up on this camshaft for now. It's just too big for my manifolds, and I don't want to spend vacation money on the car right now. Maybe if I get a nice tax return, but that would require DOING my taxes.

3rdgearK13_AFRs_uncorrected.jpg

3rdgearK13vs4thgearH_corrected.jpg

3rdgearK13vs4thgearH_uncorrected.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLoqv55zCuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YLoqv55zCuA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Holy ****e! That is damn impressive. Quick! What have you done?
? I gained 2 hp uncorrected, and didn't gain ANY when corrected. H cam vs. the ENEM K13, look at the charts again, lol. I wonder how much difference the 3rd gear vs 4th gear pull makes.

On another note, this is cool to look at... Haha. If you look at the old pulls, you can see how much of a difference it made to be running in 2nd gear(auto) vs. the 1:1 gear ratio of 3rd.
Oldvsnew.jpg

Oldvsnew_AFRs.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and all current specs(I think it's updated) are in the first post.

Last edited:
So when does it get a turbo? You are like, the new Towery.:-P:lol:
Yeah, but he's actually put money towards n/a performance. I think it's crazy which is why I never bothered spending money on n/a performance. 120whp was relatively easy, but the next 10-20hp+ sure is costly. Ditching LH should be higher on the to-do list.

Nice numbers...keep it up. Someone has to carry on my legacy. :rofl:

No I mean the last time I saw the car it put down 120 at the wheels at Davis. So what's changed since then? 20hp in n/a world is huge. It's not like you upped the boost :lol:

Manual transmission, RSI NA cam is now an H cam or ENEM K13 cam, headwork by RSI... I think the manual transmission made up for at LEAST 50% of the gain.

I don't know how MSnS can get me more power if the ignition timing and fuel ratios are correct, but I may just have to borrow Jonathan's plug'n'play setup for a few weeks to give it a try. I'd love to stick with LH though for the fact that I could drive it anywhere in the country and not have to worry about breaking down somewhere and not being able to replace a part immediately.

We'll see how she develops over the years. 13s(14s) and I'll be happy. Not that I'm not happy already, but it's just annoying that it has so much more potential as it sits and I'm struggling to find it without dropping yet another wad of cashola.

Last edited:
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I removed the Kaphlenke solid end-links and the car rides much better/quieter. Next step is to remove the 200lb front springs in favor of some cut diesel/GT springs with 14.2mm wire diameter. When I first installed the 200lb springs I noticed a large increase in road vibration/noise that was transferred inside the vehicle. I also can't wait for Ben's lower control arm geometry correction stuff, as it'll help a LOT with the slightly reduced stiffness up front and keeping the front end flatter.

Was there any play in the end links that was making noise? I have a hard time believing that an isolated endlink would effect ride quality. Considering the 960, 850s, etc... all have solid style endlinks with ball joints on both ends and those cars ride pretty plush.

I don't know. I don't think there was noticeable play, I haven't really looked at them too closely since. My car still has some noise from the left side, I'm pretty sure it's in the balljoint(meyle from 47k ago) but I haven't been able to produce any play in it while in the air. I had to replace the right side one last year that was new at the same time, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I judge road noise/transfer into the vehicle by amount of rattles the interior has just going down the road. It seemed to decrease when I pulled the end-links off. And I expect it to decrease an even more noticeable amount when I get stock diameter springs back in there.

I didn't notice much when I installed them initially. At least not enough to think about it.

When I upgraded to (home made) solid endlinks no extra noise was noticeable. Only the noise that was already there (some worn out bushings).

I've always liked this car. Keep up the good work!

Picked up some pretty crazy things last night... Thanks Craigslist and Michael(mblue240)!

Pictures coming tomorrow...

Back