• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Chrysler to ezk

Zwoody101

Ok so iv read a **** ton of posts about this, and about how easy it but can’t find answers so here it is.

Currently doing an ezk swap on my 88 245 chrysler ignition. Iv read up on it and said screw it and went to the local junk yard and found a 86 740 gl non turbo and follow instructions on what wires to cut and what sensors to get. Now I’m at home and trying to turn this wire mess into a harness. But the colors of the wires aren’t matching up. It is a 0 261 201 011 ezk box. I have 10 wires coming from the connector.

Blue
Yellow
Red/yellow
Gray/yellow
Green
Red/gray
Brown
Black
Orange
Gray

Now coming from the powerstage I have 4 wires:

Gray
Red/white (cut)
Brown(splits to another connector)
Blue(cut)

And from the knock sensor and hall sensor 2 wires

Black
Green

And for the rest of the wires
Gray/red (cut)
Yellow/gray (cut)
Red/yellow (cut)
Yellow (cut)
Blue (cut)

Now did I just grab the wrong harness I mean it seems very close but I’m missing some colors but have others in the harness?

Any help would be great thanks
and if you could point me to a good thread id really appreciate it most of the instructional ones are using pictures but the links for the pics no longer go anywere

Last edited:
Wire color isn't as important as where they're going.

B230F_FT_EZK.jpg

Ok been lookin at it for a while all the wires and and instructions are slowly starting to add up. But I can’t figure out what to do with a red and gray wire coming from pin 9 in the ezk? Anyone know if this wires important in a 240

Pin 9 will advance the timing 13? when 12 volts are applied and the throttle is closed on a B230FT EZK. It supposed to be connected to the electric cooling fan temp sender in the radiator.

Ok I’m not going to be running an electric fan and don’t have that sensor, but am looking to add a turbo in the future, will that be important? Haven’t heard of this in any of the posts. And my came from an 86 I don’t remember it having an electric fan.

Had a buddy do my 87 244 gas went down from 28 MpG with ac rapid fire #4 to about 24 mpg. Never did do the turbo on that 9mm rod motor. Everyone say the mopar box is crap but mine never gave a problem for 325,000 miles. Car has almost to 400,000 miles on it now. Following

I think that the "fan" pin is the same as A/C Compressor engaged, and is supposed to help prevent faltering as A/C cycles on/off and the engine load changes.

Back