• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Fitment

LeedomtoFreedom

I understand that t3/t4 fit with little modification to the flange, but a Holset hx30/hx35, could they fit a 90+ flange and not big?

I've heard rumors that Holset's are too big for a 90+ and need a custom manifold to be relocated.

Many people have run an hx35 just fine on a 90+, myself I ran a hy35cw for a few years without many issues. Going to a custom manifold picked me up around 30whp over the 90+ on the same turbo tho.

an hx30 would be a great fit on one of these cars but they can be a bit harder to come across.

holsetalmost_4446.JPG

Holsetwee_4412.JPG

Holsetwee_4411.JPG

I understand that the HX35 is significantly bigger than the HX30 with the HY35 being somewhere in-between. I'm trying to decide if I should steer away from the HX35 due to it's large size. Have many people run it on street cars with decent results?

What is your goal for the car? with that in mind you should size your turbo. I have been wanting to do an HX30 on a redblock for a while. An hx35 on a stock car is a waste of time and will make for a very laggy setup. Now if you have a worked head, big cam, big intercooler and MS then sure and HX35 makes sense but at that point going to a custom manifold will pick you up another 20-30whp over the 90+ and really help the engine wake up and make use of that size turbo.

I came across a new in box HX30 awhile back, I need to get my ass in gear and get this thing going. Looks like the turbo should clear the frame no problem.

Just bought a reman hx35 woohoo big turbo club

I'm trying to make some BIG power so I can show everyone what I'm made of. I've got most of the supporting mods and the ones I don't have, well this should encourage me to do them.

I'm just now getting ready to port match the two flanges. Need to buy some carbide tips and a gasket.

Have you guys done anything regarding the oil flow to the turbo, specifically a restriction piece to limit flow, or should I just open the gates.

Just posted in the other thread.

I'm porting and matching the 90+ and while using the ole angle grinder to shave down that labyrinth seal, I got a little handsy and went too deep. I've been sanding this guy down for a while now to flatten everything out. Any tips bc sanding sucks?

Take it to a machine shop and spend $20-50 and have them mill it flat. Sure it is not the TB way but it is a great way to do it right the first time.

TOOA have your more pics from your installation with the HX35W ?

With a not forged engine but a good cam, big fmic BUT not a standalone EMS what the nest best choice hx30w or hx35w ?

You can do chip for this setup if I you give more infor6of my setup ?

Many people have run an hx35 just fine on a 90+, myself I ran a hy35cw for a few years without many issues. Going to a custom manifold picked me up around 30whp over the 90+ on the same turbo tho.

an hx30 would be a great fit on one of these cars but they can be a bit harder to come across.

What custom manifold are you running? Ive thought about running the KLracing turbo header. Thought maybe that was what your running?

Is clean and fitting great !!!
What have you for engine management ?
How much boost ? How much power ?
How have you make the intake hoses after the AAM ?

Thanks a lot

Still running stock LH2.4 on a low miles NA block.

Mostly keep boost @ 15psi @ the track I turned it up to 19psi.

Yes I made the intake hose, I wanted to keep my OE airbox and had to add a CBV.

Have no idea how much HP.

It'd be interesting to see a dyno plot for that T cam'd F+T with the HX30 on there.

Back