• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230fk/ft what the best camshaft ?

WTF99

Is not my first thread with this subject but I don't find the original the forum delete automatically thread for have only 2 pages ?

For good understand I start with you explain my setup
EZK FUEL chip TLOA
470cc injector
3" AMM
Cold air intake
DO88 big pack
JT tuning 3" superflow 1 silencer
And actually the stock turbo 13c

MAYBE later I go to a 19T but is absolutely not sure.

I search a great cam for my actual setup and not bad if I go to a 19T

IPD turbo cam is really popular and a good cam but is not the only one cam for the b230fk/ft

Classicswede have stage 2 and a stage 3 cam for a great price and maybe with a good result with my setup and for sure bot bad with a bigger turbo that the 13c but i my car is my daily car and I don't want drive every time in "high" rpm.

KL Racing at the KG2T but this cam if I don't wrong for hard setup big turbo and power at the top end rpm ?

If you have feedbacks or better a test with each cam from IPD and Classicswede that help me a lot for make the best choice for my actual setup and maybe for later.

Thanks all for you help

Comment dit-on "camshaft" en fran?ais? Je crois que le problem plus grand est the 13c est trop petit pour un "cam" plus grand que quelque chose comme l'IPD Turbo ou l'Enem V15T. Aux ?-U l'IPD n'est pas cher mais il est un peu difficile ? obtenir (d'obtenir? pour obtenir? Souviens pas!). S'il vous devez la conduire chaque journ?e, un cam peu petit est un meilleur choix, et s'il vous choisissez un autre turbo en futur, ?a va bien.

Le plus important est de faire de r?glage!!

D?sol? de mon fran?ais...il y a longtemps que j'ai le utilis?…
-------------------------------
How do you say "camshaft" in French? I think the bigger problem is the 13c is too small for a bigger "cam" than something like the IPD Turbo or the Enem V15T. In the US the IPD is not expensive but it is a little difficult to obtain (to obtain? To obtain? Remember not!). If you have to drive it every day, a little small cam is a better choice, and if you choose another turbo in the future, that's fine.

The most important thing is to make adjustments !!

Sorry about my French ... it's been a long time since I used it ...

Last edited:
Ton fran?ais est certainement meilleur que mon anglais

Camshaft = arbre a cames

J'ai conscience que le vrai probl?me est le 13c mais je ne suis pas sur a 100% que je changerais pour un 19T c'est pour cette raison que je voudrais une cam qui fonctionne bien avec le 13c mais qui fonctionnera bien avec un 19T

L''IPD n'est pas facile ? avoir et il est assez ch?re en Europe (285€ /315$ livrer) mais il fonctionne bien avec le 13c mais je crois qu'il fonctionnera moins bien avec un 19T.

Je n'ai jamais vraiment r?ussi ? comprendre comment interpr?ter le chiffre d'un arbre a cames c'est pour ca que j'ai besoin de votre aide pour faire le meilleur choix.

---------------------

Your French is definitely better than my English

Camshaft = camshaft

I am aware that the real problem is the 13c but I am not 100% sure that I would change to a 19T it is for this reason that I would like a cam which works well with the 13c but which will work well with a 19T

The IPD is not easy to get and it is quite expensive in Europe (€ 285 / $ 315 with delivery) but it works well with the 13c but I think it will work less well with a 19T.

I never really managed to understand how to interpret the number of a camshaft that's why I need your help to make the best choice.

I'm running an IPD with a Chinese TD05-20G, it works great. I dyno'd 257whp at 15psi on a B21+T. It really depends on what you are trying to do with the car, are you trying to drag race, street, track?

Nice score but I absolutely do not know the B21 + T is it more efficient than the B230FK equal preparation?
Do you share the dyno graph to see the curves ?

I just want to make a nice car to drive that has torque and power without necessarily having to go high in the rpm

The IPD is a safe bet but maybe not the best cam if I change turb.

I need to find someone who can explain to me how to decipher the numbers, angles, times of the camshaft

Stage 3 from classicswede:
Opening Duration 280 degrees
cam lift 12.15mm
Lobe center line angle 112 degrees
TDC lifting about 2.5-2.7mm.
Valve clearance 0.35 mm

IPD:
Opening Duration 256 degrees
cam lift 11.95mm
LSA 112 degrees
Overlap – 32?

oblique = chinise for me :lol:

Le 19T est vraiment un turbo originale Volvo, donc il n'est pas radical. Alors, vous pouvez choisir un arbre qui marche avec le 13c (comme le V15T) et s'il vous changez au 19T(ou peut-?tre 15G, 16T, 18T), ?a va. Je ne suis pas l'expert aux turbos, mais je connais bien moteurs, et comment on fait de puissance. S'il vous changez au 15G ou les autres avec un carter de turbine 7cm (le 13c a celui de 6cm), ?a vous donne plus de tr/min, et c'est plus amusant. S'il vous devez conduire la voiture tout les temps, je pense qu'un turbo un peu plus grand va mieux qu'un cam, mais ce n'est pas le question. S'il j'?tais vous, je choisirais l'Enem V15T et c'est fini. Il y a beaucoup des personnes qui l'aime et il me semble il est facile ? utiliser jour par jour.

Vous desirez un nombre certain de puissance ou seulement "plus"?
------------------------------------------------------------
The 19T is really an original Volvo turbo, so it's not radical. So you can choose a cam that works with the 13c (like the V15T) and if you change to the 19T (or maybe 15G, 16T, 18T), that's fine. I'm not the expert at turbos, but I know engines well, and how we make power. If you change to 15G or the others with a 7cm turbine housing (the 13c has that of 6cm), it gives you more rpm, and it's more fun. If you have to drive the car all the time, I think a slightly larger turbo is better than a cam, but that's not the issue. If I were you, I would choose the Enem V15T and it's over. There are many people who love it and it seems to me it is easy to use day by day.

You want a certain number of power or only "more"?

For a good street performance engine I like the enem V15T. Been using them over ten years. The cam has great low rpm torque and power but revs out to 6k or more if you want.

I also like the specs on the classic swede stage 2 and 3 cams.

Of course the 19t is not a extreme turbo because I don't search to build a extreme car.
Just easy upgrade for make a car agreeable to drive all day.

The V15T is the same that the IPD but is more expensive that the IPD.

With the actual chip from TLOA I believe I can make a cam without AFR problem for sure with a update from chip is better but not necessary (TLOA you can confirmed please) but with a bigger turbo is sure I need a update from chip and if I upgrade the turbo I go to a local tuner for make the exact chip of the dyno for my car that cost 500€

I need to find feedbacks from Classicswede cam stage 2 and 3

Simplified explanation:

small turbo, low rpm camshaft = ok, for low rpm
big turbo, low rpm camshaft = inefficient (low ve at rpm where turbo is happy)
small turbo, big cam = inefficient (better ve where turbo is already out of steam)
big turbo, big cam = here is where the magic happens.

Changing a T-cam for anything else when you are running a 13c seems like a waste of camshaft to me.
It will only narrow your torque curve even further.

These engines can build serious power and can have wide torque curves, but you have to lose the idea that you need a 45mm turbine for "street response".
For some reason people seem to think that when you mount a big turbo/cam your car becomes undriveable in daily traffic.

19T is the turbo upgrade the lost easy to place
If i work more i can go to a T3 HX30 HX35 or GT but is not sure and not for immediately is for this I search a good cam capable to work great with the 13c AND with bigger turbo.

I have at a M3 e36 3.2L with a gt3582 she have make 605hp and 742nm I know what a hard car and just a sports car but the brick is great with the 13c she at torque in low rpm but after 5000 she is dead LOL

I can accept to lose a little in low rpm for have more in middle high rpm but I don't want make a cam how I need obligatory to rev for have power

You run the KG2T or Classicswede Stage 2 ?

I have find this 2 others cam

http://www.catcams.com/products/cam...NGINE_id=214&CAMSETUP_id=886&Language=english

http://www.catcams.com/products/cam...NGINE_id=214&CAMSETUP_id=887&Language=english

Last edited:
With the 13c I don't search a exactly number of hp I want a car nice to drive

If I go to a 19T I hope 280/300hp

If I go of a T3 350hp

Well I have used a slightly upgraded T3 on my 240 turbo for many years with the V15T.
My turbo is the stock compressor size a/r .42 but has a slightly larger compressor. wheel. I forget the size. The exhaust turbine is a a/r .48 sierra cosworth type as suggested by John V long ago. It has been a great combo that drives better in all rpms. I only use 12psi so it's probably about 200hp but the combo will support about 250hp maybe 300hp.

At those power levels you gotta make sure the manual trans is gonna handle what power you make. An AW71 can handle more. That's why I keep the boost about 12psi so the m46 trans has a chance to survive.

Back