• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1323592-1 Relay wiring problem. Need help.

drift256

Howdy guys. Hoping someone can help me out. I just picked up my first Volvo, a sharp 1990 745T. The guy I bought it from says it was running fine the died and would still crank, but die when he gave it gas. Now, it looks like he went to poking around the relays on the driver side shock tower trying to figure out his problem but gave up. In the process he unplugged some wires from the Cooling fan Aux relay, and the Fuel Radio Noise Suppression relay. Both of these are the same relay, but one of them would cause the car not to start, as I understand. Well, as is usually the case, the plug disintegrated leaving me with some dangling wires that I don't know where to put. I did find a diagram on 240turbo.com but the wire colors do not match mine. Below are some pics of my situation. Also I found a couple of wires loose from what I believe is the diagnostics port? Not sure if that even matters. If someone cold post a pic or diagram of how the wires are arranged in their relays that would be fantastic!

Below is the wiring for the relay closer to the engine bay. Wire colors are small red, red/green, large red, red/black. The large red wire is fused.
mv3vj6.jpg

This relay is near the driver fender. Wire colors are red/blue, large red, yellow/blue, grey.
2ivxmo4.jpg

2053ui8.jpg

263vnk9.jpg

1991 740 Turbo radio suppression relay
Pins
1 Black = Ground
2 Blue/Yellow = Fuel system relay (triggers this relay relay)
3 Green/Red = Ballast resistor (out to ballast resistor pack to injectors.
4 Red = Battery

Now you have the opportunity to wire in a 40 amp(?) standard relay.

Last edited:
Thanks. Reckon why my wire colors don't match the diagrams or your description? I'm gonna figure it out though.

Figured it out! Got the relay wired up and rigged the turbo inlet pipe temporarily and it runs great!

Back