• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dr. Stanley Goodspeed, Weekend warrior NA 244 auto-x project

Love your build

Would love to see what you have done up front of your cold air intake feed to fuel injection

Thanks! Its fairly underwhelming, just some piping running up to cone filter behind the grill. Your car was a big inspiration to me while putting this car together!

Not much to report today. Skinned the head liner in some quite expensive hounds tooth furniture fabric. probably not the best pattern to choose and it went wonky while pulling it tight. Oh well. Simply just pulled the old staples, peeled the old vinyl off, stuck the fabric down with some fancy loctite fabric glue and re stapled the perimeter.

Then proceeded to spend far too much time botching a install on one giant ass sticker from you know who. No pictures yet, got pissed and left, but i kind of saved it.....

I like the concept of the houndstooth headliner but its got to be perfectly installed to look right and thats a huge PIA.

Nice car you've got there! Came across it on Instagram and gave you a Follow!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks! Thats kinda my company feed, so you'll see a bit more day to day stuff from around my shop too.

SO on to this weekends activities. Woke up and went to coffee, and the car started cutting out past part throttle. :roll: so I came down to the shop real quick and found a dead pre pump. Pulled it and found it already had the bigger pump but someone put the old torn accordion hose back on. Changed that out as well as some new rubber lines to the main pump and a new fuel filter. Also swapped in a sligthly less leaky saginaw pump while I wait for STS to make another run of PS brackets.

Took the car out to run a local drive called the peak to peak, a 70 ish mile loop of some of the best driving roads in colorado. Trail by fire, 0 cell reception for the majority of the drive. This car continues to surprise me. It has far surpassed any expectations I had for it.

In reading through the small novel that comes with the JRZ dampers, there is a sentence in the section talking about the dampening adjustment. It says " there are 32 different clicks to choose from, and each individual click will result in a noticeably different ride quality." Yeah right I say. So I start by cranking It down 4 clicks thinking that's about what it would take to get a slightly different ride. WRONG. It was like driving a totally different car. They really are something else. Photo for the interest

Spent half the day on sunday working on the paint. Picked up a DA polisher from Harbor Freight and went to town.

Not bad for having no idea what I'm doing

Well, I blew up my engine yesterday.
Went out for a drive with some friends, made it about 5 miles in, got a huge cloud of blue smoke and a stall. 0 cranking compression. [facepalm] Hitched a ride back to town to get the shop truck and trailer to drag it back to the shop.

Ran a comp test, got 25 psi across the board with 95% leakage past the rings on all cylinders. Lots of glitter in the oil. Best theory I've got right now is that I either got the wrong rings, or I didn't set the ring end gap and it ran too tight until the walls were completely trashed. I sat there and stared at it a while deciding what the hell to do with it and just decided I was gonna swap in a 120k 93 940 bottom end I had along with a super low miles m46 I had been saving.

Mid battle

Worked straight through until 4 am and got it running again. When **** goes wrong like this I just have to fix it as fast as I can or i'll go insane. Anyways, Its running A LOT better than it ever did. Something was just never right in that motor. Ill post some failure pictures tomorrow

Car has been humming along great. Picked up a strut bar and master cylinder brace along with some new wheel studs from Ben. Can't believe the difference that master cylinder brace makes in pedal feel.

They run a little grass roots time attack series here at pikes peak race way that I will be competing in. First race was this last Sunday. Getting my numbers ready. Had to do a Volvo font

Some action. One thing that became clear after seeing these is that I need a catch can...

Official results. I'm pleased, considering this was my first time ever on a track. This series is classed by power to weight and tire size. B class is no more than 12 lbs/HP, and no larger than 2 sizes bigger than factory tires. Considering in at 19lbs/hp if i'm being generous with my HP estimation, and only one size bigger than a factory tire, I think im off to a fine start

boiiii.

this rules. i love n/a builds way more than turbo ones, tbh.

just need to put the front fender wheel opening on the rear quarter and a lil bit wider wheels and tires and it'd be perfect, imo. well, that and a flathood and grille to go with those headlights ;)

Decided to shorten and box my trailing arms. Not a really good step by step on here anywhere, so here's how I did It.
Started by cutting 19mm out of the front section of the arm. Decided on this spot because it is fairly straight. I based all my measurements on measuring from mounting hole to mounting hole. So I made my self up a jig out of some 2x4, clamped them and used a drill press to drill holes at the desired new length.

Once I had it tacked, I text fitted in the car

Next up was welding them up with the box plates.

Finished product. Had to use a factory bushing to have it ready for a race on the weekend, as my powerflex units didnt show up in time

Before and after

Had the second time attack race for the year. This one had two cars racing each other on mirror image tracks at the same time. Was super fun. Took my pal Will with me to give me some driving lessons.

Finding the limits

After the first couple runs, we pulled the rear sway bar in an attempt to get the rear end to stay planted. Helped a lot, and we started getting a lot faster

Car still needs some tweaking, but Im very happy with it. We won the majority of our races, and the ones we didn't were due to mistakes. Can't wait to get some more seat time

Back