• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 960 alarm

Indy452

Does anyone know how I can disable the alarm system on my 1997 960? Its very annoying and touchy and I don't find it necessary. I set it off frequently for unknown reasons and its very difficult to shut off when activated. I think there may be an issue with it since I have the fob and everything and it won't stop alarming sometimes.. I'm fine without it if possible, but I don't know what to do.

Thank you.

I do have a 960 but do not know a lot about the alarm system. I do know that if the alarm starts to sound you can cancel it by locking and unlocking using the key in the drivers door. Hope that is of some help.

You can just unplug the module. I think its under the hood near the radiator or over above one of the rear wells. Next time its going off just try and listen to hear where its coming from.

You can just unplug the module. I think its under the hood near the radiator or over above one of the rear wells. Next time its going off just try and listen to hear where its coming from.

By module I assume you are talking about the horn where all the noise is coming from? Its under the hood by radiator. My worry with this alarm is by unplugging certain items it might affect another feature.. Seems like this car has many intertwined systems. I can try to simply silence it but I'd rather disable the alarm system completely. I'll have to do some research... Thx.

Back