• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242 window frame/trim

tbent142

iwTCFawl.jpg

I have two different window frame trims going on here...
Does anyone know what the start of the all black trim was on 240?s? My car is a 1981 dl. I?m pretty sure early (70?s) cars had the aluminum trim? Thanks

I have two different window frame trims going on here...

No you don't, that is correct for an 81.

Does anyone know what the start of the all black trim was on 240’s? My car is a 1981 dl. I’m pretty sure early (70’s) cars had the aluminum trim? Thanks

Starting in 82 the DL belt line window scraper moulding trim was black as was the lower piece of the belt line rear quarter window frame.

All black was on GLTs.

Last edited:
I have a set of all black upper window trim in good condition. Swapped it out on my car for the stainless/black trim. Don't know the years that they used it.

I do believe he is referring to the trim around the door glass and the 1/4 window window glass. His door glass trim looks faded black , while the rear 1/4 glass is stainless in color.

Door weatherstrip scraper seal trim on DL through 1983 would be silver, with the window frames being painted black when the 1981 model year was introduced.

The quarter glass piece looks like it came from a pre-1981 car. Either that, or the paint has completely flaked off, exposing the silver.

The trim moulding was skinny anodized through 1978, skinny anodized/black plastic through 1983 on the 242DL, then thick black in 1984.

Last edited:
Door scraper seal trim on DL through 1983 would be silver, with the window frames being painted black when the 1981 model year was introduced.

The quarter glass piece looks like it came from a pre-1981 car. Either that, or the paint has completely flaked off, exposing the silver.

Beltline trim (the stuff on the fenders, doors, quarter panel, and trunk lid - Sorry, Ken, but beltline is the middle of the car - not the top of the door skins and quarter panel, etc) was skinny anodized through 1978, skinny anodized/black plastic through 1983 on the 242DL, then thick black in 1984.

:hahano:

680x430_344ba7c34e959a594fb136813457e48144eec14d.jpg

brite-extrude-with-caps.jpg

I do believe he is referring to the trim around the door glass and the 1/4 window window glass. His door glass trim looks faded black , while the rear 1/4 glass is stainless in color.

:nod: yea that?s exactly what I was trying to point out. Thanks man

Door weatherstrip scraper seal trim on DL through 1983 would be silver, with the window frames being painted black when the 1981 model year was introduced.

The trim moulding was skinny anodized through 1978, skinny anodized/black plastic through 1983 on the 242DL, then thick black in 1984.

Yea I am starting to think that a p.o. replaced the rear glass with a pre 81 car. The GT kit sticker, which looks original has to date from 78-80 right?

At any rate looks like I have an answer. Thanks for the help.

Back