• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best Turbo For A 93 B230FT Engine

Ok... you live in the heat... I noticed a big difference with a intercooler and a larger more efficient turbo that doesn't make boost at idle. 3'' exhaust is the best bang for you buck imho. I passed my t3/t4 off when they smogged it. On 91 here i was running 15psi with a 4bar fuel pressure regulator.
I was running 12psi through a 13c and it literally melted. The wastegate hole melted out. Im just a mitsu hater though.

Ok... you live in the heat... I noticed a big difference with a intercooler and a larger more efficient turbo that doesn't make boost at idle. 3'' exhaust is the best bang for you buck imho. I passed my t3/t4 off when they smogged it. On 91 here i was running 15psi with a 4bar fuel pressure regulator.
I was running 12psi through a 13c and it literally melted. The wastegate hole melted out. Im just a mitsu hater though.
I'm not saying the 13C is the bomb, but I'm saying that it's not the right end to start upgrading.

You cant pull out 300hp with 220hp injectors and a limiting downpipe, no chips :-) Even if the turbo would support it, the engine would melt, as your 13C did.

This is why I say:
Start with chips, downpipe, intercooler, etc. then cam, then you can upgrade turbo.
Also maybe a larger AMM :-)

If you run T-cam, 337ccm injectors and a huge 500-600hp turbo, it will not work very long.

where are you located? get a t3 off a older 240 without a intercooler and it will have a .63 housing.
It wasn't just on the non-intercooler model. A watercooled turbo on a 240 is a replacement/rebuild and may have a .48, but not always. But a non-watercooled turbo could be from an early 740 turbo with a .48 or it could be original/rebuilt and have a .63. So you really just need to check and see what housing it has. A lot of them are cracked badly, so it's a good idea to inspect before buying regardless.

turbo up grade

W/out all the abbreviations and volvo code words , cansomeone Puh leez Help ? I want to upgrade my turbo in my 91 740 wagon B230ft. As of right now the car has these mods... manual boost controller, Lost art of main computer chippy , I cant remember but I think it has an ezk chippy as well , Real fresh air sealed ram air system , currently has a straight thru exhaust w/only a muffler . Now,Then these are the pieces Ive gathered and work recently done , timing belt , front seals,water pump ,new radiator, GIANT ISUZU intercooler CFR ? brand, new air cleaner , coming up new cap/rotor,intake manifold gasket,with throttle body gasket , coolant sensor, crank position sensor , complete stainless steel 3" downpipe and exhaust thru magnaflow 3" stainless muffler ,AEM wideband ,silicone hoses ... furthermore I'm game for larger injectors { if someone wants to suggest which I should get } and maybe even a cam upgrade { make suggestion please } the car has quite a few miles 230,000 ish ,and never opened up , for now I dont want to do internals etc *********** Im basically looking for a good somewhat drop in TURBO upgrade , that might work W/ my new pipe ,but want as much bang for my buck ? Im very open to suggestions as this car is a keeper sleeper my SS so to speak Sveedish Sleeper I also plan on future head work/cam etc etc but like Horschack " I'm so confused ' 15 G ,!6 G ,18T.19 T , I see some nice refurbbed units on line etc / ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanxz Again Ben

Lol you bumped a 10 year old thread to ask which turbo you should get.

50 trim t3/t4 and be done with it.

I found that a .48 turbine housing made too much back pressure at 20psi.
I think that is what was happening at least, it was a hybrid with a big compressor.
I changed fueling and improved spark and that did not help.

Replaced it with a GT3071R with .63 and it is threatening to tear out the torque link in the 700 w/AW71!

Thanks for reporting those mean spirited posters , zvolv I mean really with implied expletives like WTF , after all we volvo owners are so much more civilized and educated than that ...Sheesh !

Okay " Master Tech " , begging the captains pardon here .let me see if I have this correct , I come here seeking honest answers,and i get some " wise Guy " looking down his nose at me and making snide remarks , I volley back with NO foul language,no threats , and a whole lot of playful sarchasm , then I get you telling me Ive been reported . bottom line is ,I came here honestly seeking knowledge , and I get a few self important passive aggresive self percieved know it alls who cant handle it when they are dealt with accordingly . Sorry if I offended the O' great "Master Tech ! lighten up and don't take yourself so serious

Okay " Master Tech " , begging the captains pardon here .let me see if I have this correct , I come here seeking honest answers,and i get some " wise Guy " looking down his nose at me and making snide remarks , I volley back with NO foul language,no threats , and a whole lot of playful sarchasm , then I get you telling me Ive been reported . bottom line is ,I came here honestly seeking knowledge , and I get a few self important passive aggresive self percieved know it alls who cant handle it when they are dealt with accordingly . Sorry if I offended the O' great "Master Tech ! lighten up and don't take yourself so serious

Your punctuation is almost as good as a Nigerian prince. There was just 5 or 10 threads started and answered to your question in the last few months, rather than drum up 2 threads from years ago, maybe look through some relevant information? I don?t know if this is just too logical or what but digging up a ten year old dead horse to kick it seems like a lot more work.

In the last ten years there have been several advancements in turbo tech that benefit 2-2.5liter engines. So maybe doing some research on your own and bringing real questions to the table here might net you the results you?re looking for.

If you?re actually seeking knowledge about this subject, you?ll have better luck with google. If you want someone to hold your hand and pat you on the back and say ?good jorb? head over to Swede speed or try brick board, it?s not like that over here.

Hey dodson ...pluck the timber from thine own eye ,before trying to pick the splinter from mine Period { I spelled it out for You } If you would like ,I will pick apart your'e self percieved perfect punctuation . I'm not here to do that however. I find it funny, on your second observation ... shortly after I revived the " 10 year old thread " ,that it was amazingly revived ! Your post is full of stereotypical racism ,and hatred towards Nigerians ,shame on you for that .Furthermore your disparaging comments about other Volvo comment boards just reaks of self righteousness ,sometimes i dunno about you 140 series owners , come out of the stoneage, and kick those pushrods to the curb man !
You mention logic, well what is logical is 1.] dont kick animals ,2.] if you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation , don't say anything at all ,and last but not least ...if you are gonna critique someone about punctuation ,the least you can do is use your spell check " Good JORB " Cdub ! Get over this Mr. Over Here ,not everyone on this board is as anal retentive as some ,you speak for a small minority, many good folks here are willing and ready to help others .How bout we end this right here and you go out and adjust your rockers ,They are clacking almost as much as you !

Whifff! Missed it completely! Did someone forget to give you your participation ribbon?

Some tips for the forums:
Read the FAQ thread before starting or bumping a thread.
Google topics and questions you may have before bumping a dead thread.
Add “site:www.turbobricks.com” to any google search you may try relating your endeavors here.
After you’ve exhausted what little research skills you have, start a thread.

Oh, and usually the punctuation mark goes after the word and before the space between words. The reason I even mention this is that it helps with automatic capitalization of the first letter of the next sentence. It also makes it a lot easier to read and understand your tone and emphasis.

It's apparent arrogance is your forte , disinterest in being goaded by passive agressive self percieved know it all english teachers is mine . Have a nice day and invest some of that infinite wisdom capability you have in some patience,and humility study !

Back