• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

remap problems on t5

carrizog60

hello
got a p2 v70 with the 250hp 2.3 t5 engine on it and a local did a remap for it.
problem is that as soon as car reaches 700gr of boost it cuts off and boosts only 200grs. if i shut if off and restart it its ok but as soon i need power and floor it the same happens again.
on the laptop he was using the tcv error appeared but after i replaced it with a new one and new hoses the prolem remained.
he said it was some problem on the car and put the original file on it but with oem file the car runs normal,no cut whatsoever.
he says that the map is fine,asked a friend to look it and said it was fine too and is willing to burn other file on it(i see celtic tuning in uk and some maps and sell the map only) and returns the money if its ok but if its not we woundt return the money as the problem is not the map he made.

i dont want to end up paying twice and still dont have the power i was searching,any ideas what could be?
map he made has some fault?the car runs fine on stock map...

sorry for the long text,hope you can help me out.

greetings from portugal :volvo:

The tune was made from this local guy not a tuning company.
Thinking on getting one from celtic tuning to see if its ok or is some problem in the car.went to read fault codes and
Only code stored was etm no signal.
Read that could be the fuse and change it,the one there was still in one piece but had a dark coloration on one tab.

Fuses are cheap enough that it might be worth changing anyways.

Does the ETM have issues?

I've had boost control issues with tunes from Shark Performance. I know it can happen.

Ok,updates...
Bought a tune to discard file problems and its the same thing...
Using torque app i now boost almost...zero.
I dont have the funds to just start to change parts expecting to repair it,i need to test the parts that could cause this problem,if they are suitable for test for good working order.

No lights on the dash,if was something really bad i think it would show up in the dash right?

This is really hitting my nerves,bought a 250hp car that as half its power...
Hate newer/electronic cars!

I don't know how accurate the torque app is. It would be better to test with a real boost gauge.

Have you done a boost pressure test to check for boost leaks?

Back