• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jesse's 945 Turbo

205/55-16 on 7" wide ET 20 rims in the front with BC:s is a tight fit, but works. The tires almost rubs the BC strut/coil.
Also, that control arm washer seems to be on the wrong way.

205/55-16 on 7" wide ET 20 rims in the front with BC:s is a tight fit, but works. The tires almost rubs the BC strut/coil.
Also, that control arm washer seems to be on the wrong way.

I've got them on 25mm spacers as well so it ends up being ET-5
Yeah it looks a little off, but the indentation for the washer is on that side. may still try it flipped the other way

Steering Column Collapse

So after installing my "new" steering rack, I noticed that the column was about 3/4" short from where it should be reaching
E6I8oqSl.jpg

I'm assuming this is because of the steering collapsed slightly on impact.
Does this mean I'll have to replace that upper steering column? Or is there a way of re extending it?

You can see here that the u-joint is pushed right up into the fire wall
RgNpzz8l.jpg

Against the fire wall inside the cabin
d3FJwWgl.jpg

Does anyone know if this sleeved section is where it collapses?
p5gUg1Cl.jpg

All Systems Go?

Had a very productive and successful weekend

Started this weekend with the goal of getting the car running. It's been sitting in the exact same spot and hasn't been started up since I crashed it in October, for fear of wrecking something in the engine and driveline. On the crushed subframe everything had been pushed back about a 3/4". Also the power steering lines were dry and I figured it wouldn't be good running the pump with no liquid.

Now that the new subframe was in and everything was back in place, I felt confident and ready. I had fuel stabilizer in the 9 month old fuel, power steering fluid topped up and also put in fresh oil and a new filter.

Mind you I still hadn't figured out my collapsed steering column, so I had no steering except by manually reaching down into the engine bay and turning it by hand. So there was no driving even if I had started it.

With the battery charged, I decided to go for it.
After a few failed attempts of the engine just turning over and not starting I realized I couldn't hear the fuel pump. Thankfully I have a bunch of spare relays so I tossed in a different fuel pump relay and... she started right up.

Here's a few clips of it running. Let me know if you think it sounds healthy. I feel like I may need to shim my valves.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BN30ZgEqYDs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0PBMmhFRi4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tptuLjISjeE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did noticed that on initial startup, it is idling extremely low, but gets up a little higher once warm
It was idling like this for a few minutes
3Ftklyfl.jpg

Then was up to about 600rpm when it was more warmed up
DoydxIPl.jpg

Maybe need to adjust the distributor?

After getting it running, I was anxious to drive it so I set about figuring out a way to fix my Steering column. This turned out to be pretty easy. I took a piece of 5/16" steel rod, put it down the top of the column and hammered away. Believe or not, this did a very good job of extending the telescoping part of the column and getting it reattached to the rack

QptXVjRl.jpg

Got the Steering wheel assembly all reassembled and was finally able to dive it for the first time in 9 months. Mind you I didn't leave my driveway.... But I drove it! Now all I need to get it back on the road, is an alignment and an emissions test(Thinking I'll take off the MBC for that).

Oh yeah!
I put my new wheels on.. and I think they look awesome

YcCaWKBl.jpg

oYC4KJvl.jpg

JtTuyRXl.jpg

They fit perfectly flush
UI24XQxl.jpg

zd2DiyHl.jpg

A very happy day
This project went from being at a point were I wasn't sure I would ever get it back up and running on Friday to Essentially having it road worthy on Saturday.

Depends how lowered you are. If you're not rubbing the tires on the fender well on either side, and the rear end being off center does bother you aesthetically, I wouldn't bother. Just my two cents though.

I'm about a fingers distance from rubbing. As in I can just barely stick my finger between the wheel and the fender
So the adjustable panhard bar is just aesthetic? and doesn't really affect the cars tracking/performance?

I'll have to do some measuring to see the difference between the 2 sides

This past weekends accomplishments

Did a crappy driveway alignment with some string to keep me going in a straight line until I can get a proper alignment

KZBaeXyl.jpg

iU5YkYUl.jpg

I've also reduced the amount of camber since these pictures were taken

I got some scrap pre galv sheet metal from work. They were prototypes for a product I was designing that the fabricator messed up.
zT39H5Sl.jpg

I have a few things I want to reuse the sheet metal for on my cars. First of which is a cold air intake box. I have very little experince working with sheet metal... other than design parts in solidworks and sending them off to a fabricator. So this was an interessting experience. especially with my limited tools

Started out with a rough "CAD" model (cardboard aided design)
PX1KRq5l.jpg

And began tracing and cutting
4l81OrHl.jpg

J6HtGsOl.jpg

A brake press would have been nice...
I used the grinder and made some reliefs to get it to bend a little cleaner
qkWIhhql.jpg

vyfISlal.jpg

Not quite...
teIzKVTl.jpg

A little trimming later
DmZw8gOl.jpg

And it fits
YLWLV78l.jpg

Im going to have to work out fastening and get a 45degree elbow for it all to be complete
Also ordering some edge guard, to go around the shard egdes

I know it's not pretty.. but for my first real attempt at working with sheet metal, and with very limited tools... I don't think it's too bad

Also. Discovered this...
L8PvXzhl.jpg

First Drive in 10months

Had the car on the road for the first time in 10 months yesterday

Took it pretty easy, but it felt great!
I've got an emissions test and an alignment scheduled this evening. If all goes well with the e-test I'll be all in the clear and fully road worthy. :oogle:

Very excited to have putt putt back in service. I've never liked driving any car as much as I love this one.

Back