• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

wiseco piston on a b230

xseto

I bought wiseco piston 96.5 mm and i have conrod from maxpeedingrods but with The stand piston there is no clearace and with The wiseco piston The is 1 cm ?
2itssax.jpg

vov21z.jpg

Assuming the rods are the same width, you’ll need some aluminum or brass/bronze spacers made to take up the space. Pretty common issue with piston steered rods and aftermarket pistons if the rod width ain’t specified when ordering.

What is the side clearance between the big end of the rod and the crank? Use a feeler gauge.

I dont have The crankshaft with me right now but The original rods is 25 and The new rods is 25mm to

Looks like the Wiseco's are designed for crank steered rods, OE are piston steered. Check the fit of the new rods on the crank, should have around .010" or so side clearance.

Quick question: is the pin height the same on both pistons (distance from the center of pin hole to the top of the piston?)
The pistons will work as is, you just need some spacers made for the small end of the rod.
Or get some stock length rods that are crank steered.

Back