• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Simple K-jet Pressure Testing.

vlvman

This thread will show how to test k-jet pressures without special equipment, the low down dirty way.

First tee in a gauge somewhere between the fuel pumps and the fuel distributor.
DSCN1701.jpg

DSCN1702.jpg

DSCN1704.jpg

I would now recommend doing this between the filter and the fuel distributor. You can also use a spare banjo fitting on the inlet side of the fuel filter in the same way I did below on the CPR.

Using a bolt the same thread size, only longer than the larger control pressure regulator banjo bolt, from your local bolt supplier. Cut two grooves down the sides of the new bolt. I used a dremel tool to cut the groves in the bolt
DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1713.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

DSCN1711.jpg

Now using a spare banjo fitting of the same size, (larger one on CPR). Leave about two inches of the original plastic line on the banjo fitting. Use fuel injection hose to connect the banjo fitting to a gauge. Gauge should read at least 60 psi.
DSCN1709.jpg

DSCN1708.jpg

DSCN1710.jpg

The following photos show how to connect the gauge to the CPR.
DSCN1716.jpg

DSCN1717.jpg

DSCN1718.jpg

DSCN1719.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

Do not froget the copper sealing washers. And installed on the car.
DSCN1721.jpg

DSCN1722.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg

DSCN1724.jpg

DSCN1725.jpg

Now start the fuel pumps and check control pressure asap, this will be the cold control pressure at current ambient temperature.
DSCN1727.jpg

And control pressure after CPR has warmed up.
DSCN1729.jpg

And the other gauge shows line pressure.
DSCN1728.jpg

And rest pressure after stopping the fuel pumps.
DSCN1736.jpg

The gauges side by side.
DSCN1726.jpg

And a lame photo of the car.
DSCN1732.jpg

nice, dont know how long if trust an a/c gauge and a tire pressure gauge...i would think they would be ok for fuel cause it should be copper bladders inside, but still, lol...very creative

Hey very nice , when can I bring my car over for a pressure check ? I only live in saint Louis , not far . But I have low rest pressure on hot engine so I must replace the fuel pump check valve . And then bring it over ? :) Hopefully soon ... Ron in the Bad STL lol .. or do you ever get to this side of the state ?

Hey very nice , when can I bring my car over for a pressure check ? I only live in saint Louis , not far . But I have low rest pressure on hot engine so I must replace the fuel pump check valve . And then bring it over ? :) Hopefully soon ... Ron in the Bad STL lol .. or do you ever get to this side of the state ?

We could get together some weekend. I don't get to STL much since the Warranty ran out on the S60.

Back