• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LED headlights for volvo 240's

Despite all the naysayers here, I'm interested in what this work might develop in to. Do post some good pictures when you've got all the tedious development work squared away.:nod:

I don't see any posts by naysayers at all....

Nobody said it was a bad idea or it won't work or it is not worth it.

The guy got bent out of shape 'cause he didn't have people giving him applause and kissing his @$$ over doing this...and the reasons are that people would like to see real numbers or real comparisons like a before and after.

If done correctly this could be something that people might actually want to buy or implement whether from him or someone that can further improve the concept and design.

Despite all the naysayers here, I'm interested in what this work might develop in to. Do post some good pictures when you've got all the tedious development work squared away.:nod:

There's no naysayers. Just canned-corn-sayers and vacuum-the-floor-sayers.

That doesn't look horrible, usually headlight retrofits like projectors to these older vehicles just look so bad.

The nighthawk rounds look really good. I saw them on a camaro. They did a nice job of making them look like old halogens.

Dan, the future is now:

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/4x6-led-headlights-model-8800-evolution/

I've got a pair on my car and they are marvelous:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=308511

As many have said, there is way more that goes into automotive lighting than output. In fact, output is the easiest thing to achieve. It's the control that makes the difference between good and bad.

The can of corn is amazing. It reminds of the supermodelsfart website.

Those are nice, but the polycarbonate lenses. I hate that. Only glass lasts and stays crystal clear.

I like the LED packs, have you thought about focusing them with mini projectors like Infiniti Q45 projectors? 7 projectors per unit. They're used a bunch by Datsun guys.

Back