• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Amazon + Lexus = ??

616racing

Trying to figure out a solution to photobucket.... but heres a current pic of the project for now!

LqBo1nc.jpg

Picked up a 1966 Volvo 122 for $500 from down the street, bought a v8 lexus that needed a VI for $900 ....and somehow thought they should be together.

I want something light, fast, handles good, super reliable, and weird.

I think I got it all:

sc400.jpg

Sick smoke show:

sicklexus.jpg

turned that into this in a couple days:

sc400minimized.jpg

cut out the whole rear drive train and floor pan:

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

Built a little subframe to match the width of the inside of the volvo rockers and to keep everything together.

IMG_5173.jpg

Had to shorten the lexus 3" to get the wheelbase perfect:

IMG_5175.jpg

More trimming and now they are one!

IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

I am going to get the body dropped even more and build some fender flares sort of like this guy:

122race3.jpg

But thats where it sits as of today. I have a manual tranny adapter ready for me from a machine shop on the island since the Lexus 1uzfe never came with a manual tranny.

Last edited:
That's awesome. I look forward to seeing it being welded together, going to use the soarer interior?
Posted via Mobile Device

I saved the back seat from the lexus as it fits the floor pan, but I want to keep it a vintage looking interior, probably recover it in something a little more period correct. ;)

Or I might go with a full race interior since it will have a cage in it anyways.

We will see!

The badassery of an Amazon and the durability of a Le--Toyota? I'm down with that. :)

Just be glad the internals in that 1UZ is stronger than the 2UZ (I mean it. Supercharge a 2UZ engine=bye bye rods.)

IMG_0070.JPG
(Yes, the one on the right is custom fabbed for most 2UZ nutsacks.)

Last edited:
Damn, i'll have to check it out. I go to school at UFV so i'll have to pop by when it's all done.

Keep up the work, nice to see something unique like that.

wow....i really hope that has to go through a safety inspection...sket-chee

Sorry no inspection required. What is sketchy? Its really no different than fixing rusty floor pans, cut out old weld in new. But I could see from the point of view of someone who has no fabrication skills, this could seem sketchy, almost like building your own exhaust, or changing your own oil. ;-)

Back