• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Ideas on Passenger Seat Height??

Lazarus

1994 940 Base Model
Fabric Interior
Electric Adjust and Heated Driver's seat
Manual Adjust and Heated passenger seat

My passenger seat height is at least 2" too low. A typical passenger can barely see over the hood. I'm hoping someone might be familiar with the seat mounting hardware and have a suggestion. I did take the seat out years ago, but I don't see how it could go back in at a different height?? Forward and back adjustment works fine.

Could the height problem be caused by the seat foam getting compressed over the years?

Thanks!
Lazarus

I wonder if a seat base mechanism from one of the manual adjust 7xx model driver side would bolt in. They had manual adjust height adjustment.

I wonder if a seat base mechanism from one of the manual adjust 7xx model driver side would bolt in. They had manual adjust height adjustment.

Thinking I looked into doing that a few years ago. Everything was left and right parts only. May be easier to source a powered passenger seat from another 940/960. You may be able to swap the seat fabric if you disassemble the seats.

These parts were gradually introduced for 944/945 and 964/965 with manual right hand seat. May be as simple as finding a manual right hand seat from a later 94-95 940/960 for parts.

Seat brace 9447232
Slide Rail 9206322

94-95 940
94-97 960
97-98 S90
97-98 V90

Back