• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1990 740 2.3 turbo how to get power on the cheap

Hi all great forum I'm thinking of buying a standard 1990 740 2.3 turbo. how to get power more power without internal engine work

Buy a standard 240 2.3 turbo. You'll look normal driving around in a car not made for 90 Year olds.

How cheap we talking here? Power cost money. We talking cutting corners?

No.

With a perfect stage 0~1 tune/overall condition and fairly tight engine you can install a manual boost valve in the system and push about 10~12psi... good for a much better kick in the seat than stock.

Beyond that is Kool-Aid, and serious coin to do it right.

OP can make decent power with 2.3 stock block. I can't see why he can't have a reliable 14 second car with just minor modifications. There are other cars better suited for higher performance that in the long run will cost you less. I guess it depends on how fast you want and how much your willing to work on your car.

Sell the 2.3L 740, buy a 2.3L 850 with 222hp stock.

Cheap, fast, reliable, you can only pick two. The manaul transmission on the 740 is weak.

Wow, now we're sending people to the dark (fwd) side? Just install a manual boost controller and an accurate boost gauge and don't go over 11psi. If you want more you'll need an afr gauge.

Wow, now we're sending people to the dark (fwd) side? Just install a manual boost controller and an accurate boost gauge and don't go over 11psi. If you want more you'll need an afr gauge.

Thanks can your reply can you tell me power difference and a bit more details

Thanks can your reply can you tell me power difference and a bit more details

7 additional hp per psi with the stock everything bro. So 12 psi on an otherwise stock car should yield you right at 200 bhp. Install 2.5” or bigger exhaust and it’ll be even faster and spool faster. Might be a good idea to fill fill 91/93 octane if you’re running elevated boost.

http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56340

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=107113

Back